Fort Dearborn - Monotonous | Glassdoor

"Monotonous"

Pros

The pay was actually fair, some of the equipment was ok.

Cons

Zero sick time, catty co-workers, changing policies on the fly, whenever requesting help of any sort - it was always denied, incompetent higher management, incompetent HR, inflexibility, being evasive & dishonest in regards to company accounts (IE not letting the clients know that their competitors were also clients) and the rants from the CEO in the quarterly meetings. The 'core' values were always just spewed like a tape recording - 'customer intimacy' in particular was not only annoying, but completely hypocritical. The constant patting-himself-on-the-back about reinvesting in the employees was a joke. There was always a caveat or excuse why they couldn't offer training, or if you did want to proceed with Educational reimbursement, it had a catch to it (IE, you would be locked into a 5 year commitment as an employee, and going beyond a bachelor's degree was never an option).

Advice to Management

Stop lying to the customers as well as the employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Fort Dearborn

"NEW HR leader best addition seen in a long time"

I have been working at Fort Dearborn full-time

Pros

Looks like Advent will push much needed changes from old boys club
    Good to hear about investment in more than acquisitions. I like the much needed changes and processes she presented to our team. I hear some changes are being implemented now.

Cons

Will this new HR leader have enough support from Advent and other Fort leaders? Some of us are not confident the Fort leadership really supports what she calls HR business partner. In the past, if solutions don't come from operations, they usually aren't valued. I expect she will frustrated with their boys club behavior over time if the new partner doesn't step in and clean house so we can be a better company. Only time will tell.

Advice to Management

You told us you chose to bring in a new leader to make us stronger because we are planning to grow. If only the same few leaders have all the answers, when will she stop suggesting solutions to make us better. Stop feeling threatened by great talent. Get over yourself. We all need each other - that's what a team is all about.

2. "Positive Work Environment, Friendly Associates"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Elk Grove Village, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Elk Grove Village, IL

I have been working at Fort Dearborn full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fort Dearborn is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Hard work is rewarded and new opportunities often present themselves. The dedication and comradery of associates is what sets us apart.

Cons

It seems that as we've grown as a company, we haven't always staffed accordingly. Adding staff to struggling departments would be beneficial.

Advice to Management

Make people feel appreciated and they will deliver results.