Fort Dearborn - Great company for start up sales experience. Company is growing. Market is very saturated. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Fort Dearborn

"Great company for start up sales experience. Company is growing. Market is very saturated."

Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Elk Grove Village, IL
Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Elk Grove Village, IL

Pros

They have great benefits. They reinvest in their employees very well. continuous training. Pay is OK, not great. Plenty of product knowledge. Relocation is an option.

Cons

Some micro management. Not enough vacation time for employees. Hard to move up. They do not offer educational advancement above a bachelors degree.

Advice to Management

Allow some flexibility to associates. More vacation time and team based activities to boost employee moral. Leadership is a great asset at this company. Allow for educational assistance for MBA degrees.

Other Employee Reviews for Fort Dearborn

"NEW HR leader best addition seen in a long time"

I have been working at Fort Dearborn full-time

Pros

Looks like Advent will push much needed changes from old boys club
    Good to hear about investment in more than acquisitions. I like the much needed changes and processes she presented to our team. I hear some changes are being implemented now.

Cons

Will this new HR leader have enough support from Advent and other Fort leaders? Some of us are not confident the Fort leadership really supports what she calls HR business partner. In the past, if solutions don't come from operations, they usually aren't valued. I expect she will frustrated with their boys club behavior over time if the new partner doesn't step in and clean house so we can be a better company. Only time will tell.

Advice to Management

You told us you chose to bring in a new leader to make us stronger because we are planning to grow. If only the same few leaders have all the answers, when will she stop suggesting solutions to make us better. Stop feeling threatened by great talent. Get over yourself. We all need each other - that's what a team is all about.

2. "Customer Service"

Former Employee - Customer Service
    Former Employee - Customer Service

I worked at Fort Dearborn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great staff to work with. Good management. Quarterly updates on how the company is doing and plans for the future.

Cons

Life/work balance could be improved. I believe they are making strides to improve this with distributing the workload more evenly.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire excellent people and train them and this will benefit the company as well. Ensure training manuals are up to date.