KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Former Employee, less than 1 year

Miserable place to work!

Jul 11, 2013 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I can't think of a single good reason to work here. Even if you're a lover of the fine arts, as I am, this place will sap the hope out of you and replace it with bitterness. The previous review, by the way, was written by someone who currently works for the company, so it's not exactly honest, and there's definitely a hidden agenda there to promote the FWSO.

Cons

Management is clueless, customers are terrible and entitled, coworkers are all miserable. Everyone I knew there complained of being underpaid, even those in management positions. There is a general aura of hatred for the company's president, who has run the company into the ground since her induction a couple years ago, and there are many long-term employees there who seem to have given up on actually doing their jobs. The turnover rate is ridiculously high for such a small company, with something like 10 employees having been fired between the span of January and June, and countless more simply quitting their jobs. During my time as an employee, I never once heard a word of encouragement, thanks, or positive reinforcement leave my manager's mouth. There were endless amounts of critiques, corrections, and criticisms, however. The environment was excessively negative. There was no overtime and no holiday pay, and the hourly rate offered to part-time employees was borderline insulting. I knew several people who quit during my time there, and they all expressed massive disillusionment with the company and a huge sense of relief to finally be done with it. Does that sound like a place you'd want to work?

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

A Great Mission to get Behind

Jun 26, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

You are actively working in an organization on the front line of arts and cultural awareness.

Cons

Some ego issues create inefficiency of communication interdepartmentally. Pride looks good on no one in an industry whose role is to be humble and of service to the people in it's community.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee

RUN!

Sep 21, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Time off for holidays, co-workers, and Bass Hall performances

Cons

Leadership (CEO specifically) is the worst human being. He is the true definition of a narcissist!

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Fort Worth Symphony.

Fort Worth Symphony Job Seekers Also Viewed