FortisBC - Good secure company to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for FortisBC

"Good secure company to work for"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Surrey, BC (Canada)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Surrey, BC (Canada)

Pros

Large opportunities for advancement or transfers to positions around the company. Open and well-lit work environment. Good career/social life balance with a lot of options regarding maternity leave, vacations and employee-made events. Very secure job, typically business doesn't fluctuate too heavily. The CEO Randy Jespersen is an incredible guy. When I started I wanted to meet with him and irregardless of my lowly position, we had lunch and he shared some insightful knowledge with me.

Cons

A lot of people tend to work there to receive their retirement package, not a lot of motivation around you to push to the next level. Management gives you performance reviews and opportunities to advance but most people ignore it. Information can tend to get stuck in departments and not readily shared unless you know the right people in other departments. Can be too bureaucratic at times when trying to implement a creative solution to a problem.

Advice to Management

Change the workforce dynamics, and allow for more creative input from employees. Get them more involved in the financial health of the company and improve the information flow.

Other Employee Reviews for FortisBC

1. "Malcontented"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Pros

It pays a wage and puts food on the table

Cons

They pick favourites and use the good ol boys

Advice to Management

Increase wages/Better retirement benefits/More employee recognition/Think about employees not just the stock price

2. "Manager Employee Development"

I worked at FortisBC full-time

Pros

Great people working at Fortis BC.

Cons

Senior Management is biased towards employees from the electric side of the company.