Forum One - Great experience, great work-life balance, great people | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Forum One

"Great experience, great work-life balance, great people"

I worked at Forum One full-time

Pros

Really rewarding work. The employees and agency leadership are truly passionate about what they're doing, experts in their field, and are idealists without taking their eyes off the bottom line. A truly unique and flexible work environment, filled with exceptionally smart people. HR and leadership really, truly listens to employee's complaints and suggestions, takes them to heart, and works to make things better.

Cons

The only issues with Forum One were taken care of when employees spoke out.

Advice to Management

Keep on keepin' on. You guys are the best!

Other Employee Reviews for Forum One

"Great HR, lousy management"

I worked at Forum One full-time

Pros

The basic "how you treat people" is very good. Work/life expectations are reasonable, though worsening.

Cons

Quite frankly, the management doesn't value project management, nor can they come to a decision and execute on it.

Advice to Management

When you can't follow your own mandates, you shouldn't be surprised when no one takes them seriously.

"One of the best companies in DC, One of the best places I have ever worked."

I worked at Forum One full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at Forum One for more than 3 years, and it was an overwhelmingly positive experience from start to finish. I had managers that were flexible with how I spent my time, what I was most interested in, and the tools I needed to succeed. I worked with clients in the government and nonprofit world who do things that ACTUALLY MATTER. Seriously, the clients F1 has are amazing, and I advise anyone thinking about applying to read some of the case studies of the work done and who it was done for. It's amazing. It means something. (The government, especially, needs all the help it can get right now.)

Throughout my tenure, I felt supported and important in my role, and was able to grow throughout my time at Forum One according to both the company needs and my own. I worked with a team of people that are funny, compassionate, smart, and talented. I maintained an active social life and flexible work/life balance even while being in the trenches of the creative agency world -- and THAT is pretty amazing. :)

Most importantly: no day I had was the same at F1. The work was exciting, the people invigorating, and the role ever-changing. It was an irreplaceable professional experience for me to have, and I look back on my time with the company very happily.

Cons

No company is without its faults, and F1 was definitely going through some growing pains as I was worked there (for instance, hiring a lot of people in a year, introducing new management and leadership roles, the changing ecosystem of clients in the digital world). I also felt like a few bad hires were made, which tends to happen when expanding. BUT, I don't have much real criticism.

Grass is always greener, but F1's grass is pretty green.

Advice to Management

Hire great people -- and pay them accordingly. Keep expanding in new directions creatively and with the changing digital atmosphere in mind. Always remember the core of F1 as being "work that matters". Stay impactful.