Forum One - Great experience, great work-life balance, great people | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Forum One

"Great experience, great work-life balance, great people"

I worked at Forum One full-time

Pros

Really rewarding work. The employees and agency leadership are truly passionate about what they're doing, experts in their field, and are idealists without taking their eyes off the bottom line. A truly unique and flexible work environment, filled with exceptionally smart people. HR and leadership really, truly listens to employee's complaints and suggestions, takes them to heart, and works to make things better.

Cons

The only issues with Forum One were taken care of when employees spoke out.

Advice to Management

Keep on keepin' on. You guys are the best!

Other Employee Reviews for Forum One

"Great HR, lousy management"

I worked at Forum One full-time

Pros

The basic "how you treat people" is very good. Work/life expectations are reasonable, though worsening.

Cons

Quite frankly, the management doesn't value project management, nor can they come to a decision and execute on it.

Advice to Management

When you can't follow your own mandates, you shouldn't be surprised when no one takes them seriously.

"This is really a great place"

I have been working at Forum One full-time

Pros

- Amazing co-workers, both in talent and personality.
    - Many great clients.
    - Collaboration is improving and is an area of focus for us.
    - Strong work/life balance with care about employee needs. Sometimes longer hours are required, but this is not the norm and it is OK to raise this as an issue.
    - Leadership in our space. We have strong talent and focus on leading clients to the best results we can.
    - Consistent, historical business success, especially in terms of revenue growth.
    - Benefits are extremely strong for a company with this size and atmosphere. Could we make more elsewhere? Sure, but we would also sacrifice a lot else.
    - Transparency of the business situation is like nowhere else I have seen.

Cons

- You need to be a self-starter here. There are many opportunities and can chart your own path, but you need to make it happen.
    - Management can get too wrapped up in some business metrics in the short term, but things tend to even out over the longer term.
    - There has been an increased focus on accountability in many areas, which is necessary, but has provoked some tensions. We simply had to "up our game" in many areas to stay competitive.
    - We need to keep working on consistently giving useful feedback in a timely manner.

We are in a period of change, and it is for the best, but there certainly have been issues along the way. This shouldn't dissuade newcomers, given the points above.

Advice to Management

- Watch that individuals / roles don't get overly tarred for complex performance situations.
    - Use and share numbers, but don't get too fixated on short-term changes.

Forum One Response

Feb 1, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for your comments and your advice. I know that when complex projects falter, there are always multiple reasons and players. The same when they succeed!