Forward Air - Lack of Balance, Terrible Management | Glassdoor

"Lack of Balance, Terrible Management"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Forward Air full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay is good, nice bonus structure, good benefits--insurance, matching 401k and discounted stock, sales team gets phone allowance, mileage compensation.

Cons

Very little balance, long hours, only 1 week vacation for first 3 years, mid-level management has a total double standard--'do as I say, not as I do' attitude, upper management is totally out of touch.

Advice to Management

Consider giving more time off to allow employees more balance between work/home life. Take the time to look closer at mid-level management--my regional sales manager was a disgusting, racist, sexist pig and left the company open to liability.

Forward Air2014-06-19
  1. "Great Management (Pittsburgh) + Flexible Schedule"

Current Employee - Dock Worker in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Forward Air part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work environment Strong teamwork mentality Management that cares about you as a person, not just as an employee Competitive pay and pay increase structure (even for part time)

Cons

The work can be physically taxing Hours can be long (pro if you need the $$) Other terminals (Columbus) seem to care less about how freight is shipped to you

Advice to Management

Step up quality management among all terminals, including your hubs. I have seen so much inventory senselessly destroyed because of cut corners on the loading of trailers.

Forward Air2018-12-05
  2. "No Regard for Employee Safety"

Former Employee - Company Driver

I worked at Forward Air full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salary is decent, if you're lucky enough to get a good timely route

Cons

Absolute disregard for safety of drivers and warehouse emoyees Heavy favoritism in assigning routes Disorganized and inconsistent management and office staff

Forward Air2019-08-08

Discover more reviews about Forward Air.