Fossil - Great things! | Glassdoor

"Great things!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Fossil part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team is AMAZING. You aren't paid on commission, but your hours are based on how well you do. This means that the team is very close. Schedules are carefully formulated to have the best team at any given moment. Everyone is a little different to add to the experience, but we all work well together. I've heard that this is true at other stores from customers that come in. Managers are friendly, but still know how to get everything done. Everyone I know is also very knowledgeable about the product as well. Training is fantastic.

Cons

It'd be nice to have a percentage of commission just as a bonus to our paycheck. I feel like I work really hard and I put a lot into my job. Don't get me wrong, I'm very passionate about working at Fossil and the base pay isn't bad at all compared to other stores, but I'm having to find a second or third job to make a comfortable income.

Other Employee Reviews for Fossil

"Fossil is a close knit family of bright, ambitious, creative minds."

Current Employee - Merchandise Planner in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Merchandise Planner in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Fossil full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Casual, innovative, creative, benefits and perks (like a generous discount and bonus structure).

Cons

Low end of pay scale for industry, lack of effective communication to stores, too many "managers/bosses" giving conflicting directions

"Strong Company, Poor Opportunities"

Former Employee - Stores Group in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Stores Group in Richardson, TX

I worked at Fossil full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong company, Great retail products, Good Employee Benefits, Casual Fun Environment

Cons

Poor management direction, poor top-down communication, unqualified middle management, little to no opportunities for advancement, Intense workload for little pay, high turnover

Advice to Management

Don't just make appearances, but rather get to know your employees. Stop making inside jokes with just a handful of your choice employees. Recognize the need for middle management leadership training. Hire leaders into management roles, rather than good performers. Pay your employees their worth.