FramesDirect.com - Tight working family feel type of company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for FramesDirect.com

"Tight working family feel type of company"

Former Employee - Web Designer in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Web Designer in Austin, TX

I worked at FramesDirect.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere was laid back and pretty easy going. We had seasons of rush like christmas or spring but nothing where it got too hectic.

Cons

Unfortunately you will not be paid much and at the time there were no benefits for the employees.

Advice to Management

Benefits and more pay. Bottom line. I knew the company was doing very well financially so it was kinda sad that wasn't kicked back to the employees.

Other Employee Reviews for FramesDirect.com

1. "Great E-Commerce Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at FramesDirect.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is the best job I have ever had in e-commerce. When you are driven to succeed you will be rewarded. I work closely with the management staff on a daily basis and they are always striving to do things better and have accountability maintained. There is always something to do, so you will never be bored!

Cons

Regardless of whether you are hourly or salary this is not a 9-5pm job. If the workload is higher, you are expected to stay later and make sure the job gets done and proficiently. While this is not a negative thing to me since I enjoy working hard, I know that some people do not thrive in that type of culture and I suggest if you are that type of person, this is not the job for you. But if you are detail orientated, want to help the company succeed this will be the place for you to shine.

2. "Culture north of Terrible"

I worked at FramesDirect.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary, Benefits, employees. nothing else

Cons

The executive team are negative based and don't care about the actual associates who make this company money. Its amazing the way they operate.

They fine associates on any mistake they can find and its one persons discretion and made up rules as they go.

They run back ground checks on customers without their knowledge or consent.

they cherry pick the customers whose items ship quick to get better reviews, they asked the staff to leave bogus reviews here on this glassdoor site so the rating would jump (don't believe me look at the close dates of several reviews here)

they talk behind associates back constantly. what a dreary place to work. the turnover is very high. the politics are heavy. several people looking for new job.

A certain executive curses heavily (F word and MF word) in front of even women, he slams his hand on desk and monitor and raises his voice a lot. He does not want your input, he is always right.

HR came down to investigate complaints of leadership habits and while some thought it was better, it just created revenge and head hunting for who complained. what a mess, would not recommend anyone to work there.

One executive hasn't been in the office in over 2 years and when he is there the executive team protect him form any one approaching him. my goodness what a comedy of paranoia.

Advice to Management

The founders created an appreciative culture. Keep your politics and negativity going and revolving door swinging and you will become food for the competitors.