Franciscan University of Steubenville - A Fantastic Job Opportunity! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Franciscan University of Steubenville

"A Fantastic Job Opportunity!"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer - Intern in Steubenville, OH
Former Employee - Graphic Designer - Intern in Steubenville, OH

Pros

The faith life at Franciscan University is incredible - it is a wonderful place to work and be surrounded by people who are friendly, easy-going, and genuinely care about you. It's also great to be a part of something that transforms so many young lives! I strongly feel that everyone at the university is motivated about its cause, which is to bring the students that the university educates closer to God. In doing this, all of the students at the school become like a family, and I believe that the same is true of the faculty and staff... so in the end, I believe that if you can do what you want to do at a place like Franciscan University, then the people there will make all the difference in the world, and you just may find yourself excited about getting up to go to work in the morning!

Cons

The pay can be generally lower than similar jobs at other universities or institutions, but the difference can be made up by living in the area around the university, which has a very low cost of living. Steubenville (though a little run-down) is a nice city, and has many very nice surrounding villages and towns that would make a great place to settle down with a family.

Advice to Management

Great job -- keep up the good work!

Other Employee Reviews for Franciscan University of Steubenville

1. "Stop ripping off student workers"

Former Employee - Events Lead
    Former Employee - Events Lead

I worked at Franciscan University of Steubenville full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great supervisor in the events department. Great co-workers and a very fun environment overall. Crucial job experience that helped form my abilities for my professional career.

Cons

Boss was overworked (60hr weeks most of the year) and passed much of that responsibility on to us the student workers who got maybe $9/hr. They have a student staff 3x the size of other colleges of equal size and therefore depend on them for more professional jobs but do not compensate them accordingly.

Advice to Management

SIGNIFICANT pay raises to anyone classified as a lead who does more than 200 hours of work in a given semester

2. "Great Place to work"

I worked at Franciscan University of Steubenville part-time

Pros

job had alot of leeway
    creative capacities

Cons

Executive Board seems out of touch
    Student Life hard to work with