Franklin Covey - Thank goodness for quality people | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Franklin Covey

"Thank goodness for quality people"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Salt Lake City, UT
Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

FranklinCovey has some of them most incredible, talented, hard-working people you will ever be around. You will be inspired by the integrity that the front line workers bring to the table. FranklinCovey is very good at balancing work and life and very good at understanding family comes first.

Cons

Compensation wise don't expect to get anything more than a 3% raise yearly and maybe a $300 bonus if the company feels like it. The upper management levels receive "variable pay" based on performance on top of their base pay and they hold that sacred - to the point of decreasing workforce to protect it. The absolute most frustrating thing you will experience is going to the seminars that FC sells (i.e. 7 Habits, Leadership, Execution) then realizing that the company follows none of what it teaches.

Advice to Management

Plain and simple - PRACTICE what you PREACH. Your fundamentals work, there are plenty of case studies to prove it. So, why not practice them from the top of the organization to the bottom?

Other Employee Reviews for Franklin Covey

1. "Good place to work, as long as there is a place to work."

Current Employee - District Manager in Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - District Manager in Toledo, OH

Pros

Ability to impact customers and employees in a positive way.

Cons

The product is very slow to adapt to customer's needs, making the stores themselves obsolete.

Advice to Management

The field is expected to turn on a dime, expect the same from everyone.

"Franklin Covey needs to practice more of what it preaches"

Current Employee - Coordinator in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

I have great coworkers and we strive to support each other; we have a generous 3 weeks minimum PTO per yr (but can't carry it over); I'm able to work independently (not micromanaged); it's never boring--there's a lot of variety in job duties; I never worry about being able to get time off work if I need it (management doesn't question it if I get someone to back me up). Great clients and I definitely feel important/valued by the clients and sales force. Don't have to work weekends, holidays. Fairly decent pay.

Cons

The job can get quite stressful--always reacting to emergencies. There's a lot of turnover, so the workload is quite demanding because we are quite often doing 2 people's worth of work. Taking time off gets stressful trying to get ahead enough to take a vacation, and then catching up when back in the office. Duties continually increase as business grows, but our wages stay the same. Although everyone one in the company (including senior management) are great people, it seems some people get positions based on personality or office politics vs ability, and there's not a very open environment to raise concerns--if you question a decision you're viewed as being disloyal or a troublemaker instead of trying to make things better. There's a lot of overtime!!! Maybe another company I would just think that's how corporate-america is and I should just be grateful for a job, but since we're FranklinCovey, we preach being a lot better than that--I would like to see it practiced a lot more!

Advice to Management

I think that senior management doesn't realize just how much coordinators have to handle/keep track of--just how big our workload is, and how complicated it can be. I think they may look at us more as entry level customer service reps, and we're FAR beyond that. I would like them to streamline procedures and systems to make our job easier, to initiate ways where we can raise concerns or questions in a healthy open way, to pay us a little more to help compensate for the stress and turnover. Look at ways to reduce workload and enhance work/life balance (since that's what we preach).