Frazer, LLP - Learn a lot, work alot | Glassdoor
  1. "Learn a lot, work alot"

I worked at Frazer, LLP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Learn accounting and tax for medium-large client

Cons

Work long hours to fill in demand load

Frazer, LLP2018-11-13

Frazer, LLP Response

February 5, 2019HR / Talent Aquisition Manager

Thank you so much for your valued review. There has been such an effort to really enhance the cultural experience for all at the firm. There has been an asserted effort to gain feedback from the staff and turn that feedback into various employee engagement activities. The culture has improved at FRAZER, LLP with many sporting and non-sporting events: Foodie Tour, Paintball, Wine and Painting, White Water Rafting, Bowling and Flag Football to name a few. We have also had a great time with the Halloween Costume, Ugly Christmas Sweater and Dress Up Your Cubicle contests. Everyone has access to a full gym with free weights, machines, cardio equipment, lap pool, recently renovated locker rooms, showers and exercise room, where there are yoga classes. There is also a recreation room with: foosball, shuffle board, pool table and ping pong table. Recently FRAZER, LLP participated in a Ping Pong Tournament. FRAZER, LLP also dedicates many resources towards the training of our staff. We do hold high standards at FRAZER, LLP and expect our staff to be diligent in their efforts for our clients. After all, it is our responsibility to give our clients the very best quality of service in a very timely manner. Unlike some firms we actually pay time and a half for overtime and don’t expect a relentless amount of long hours. We understand that public accounting is not for everyone and we have seen some wonderful people leave to pursue other careers, especially in private accounting. The salaries are competitive and our benefits are great, inclusive of full medical, vision and dental, as well as 4 weeks of PTO/sick leave for staff. As we move forward at FRAZER, LLP, it is important for us to see where we may need to improve in the short and long term. Communication is key and while we love complimentary reviews, we also appreciate constructive criticism.

Other Employee Reviews

"Great place to learn and advance, but not for everyone"

Current Employee - Full TTIme Employee

I have been working at Frazer, LLP full-time for more than a year

Pros

• Good salaries and Frazer pays 1.5 for OT • Great benefits, full medical, dental, vision and 4 weeks PTO • Opportunity to grow with no ceiling, especially for staff • There is a lot of hands on training • Many fun activities during non-busy season • Spa like amenities; gym, pool, recreation room • Snacks, full kitchen • Lots of great people to work with

Cons

I honestly don’t know why some people tried to rip into the firm. If you don’t understand that busy season means longer hours, or that your client depends on the best job you can do, find another profession. As someone who would like to make partner one day, I know our clients count on us to be accurate, detailed oriented and not miss deadlines. If you’re gone, it’s probably because you didn’t understand that.

Advice to Management

Keep open minds to new ideas that can make possitive differences. Keep investing into your staff and give even more encouragement. Do more activities to help connect the different offices and departments.

Frazer, LLP2019-02-05

"Toxic Environment"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Brea, CA

I worked at Frazer, LLP full-time for less than a year

Pros

4 weeks of paid time off Nice Staff and Seniors

Cons

After graduating, and receiving multiple offers, I accepted a position at Frazer due to their location. Upper management treated me horribly. They ridiculed and yelled at me daily. I had never been treated so bad in my life and figured that is what post-grad life is like. After two months of the abuse, I was let go. It was the best day of my life. I went to the beach and called other firms on the way. I got a job at... another CPA firm and started the same week. The other CPA firm treated me so well and it was a night and day difference. Thirteen months later I accepted a position as the Accounting Director for a private company and was promoted to CFO after being there for just under two years. I value the terrible experience at Frazer because it caused me to grow as a person and become fearless. Getting “fired” there was the best thing that could happen to me because that firm was poison and would have kept me from being where I am today.

Advice to Management

Value Your Employees

Frazer, LLP2019-09-12

Frazer, LLP Response

September 24, 2019Human Resources Generalist

Thank you for your review we appreciate your feedback and we will take your comments into consideration. FRAZER, LLP continues to work very hard to improve and establish a healthy work environment for our employees. On behalf of FRAZER, LLP congratulations on your career growth and we wish nothing but success in your new CFO position

Discover more reviews about Frazer, LLP.