Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. - very annoying and upsetting | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc.

"very annoying and upsetting"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

Pros

they pay you every week, office environment is attractive (looks like a lawyers firm). good opportunity for Hispanic young people coming out of high school

Cons

Fred Loya makes it harder and harder each day to sell to customers with their ridiculous underwriting. The management is so blinded to their archaic procedures and their own pay that they dont show genuine sympathy to their employees when they have problems. They make more and more rules for the csr's everyday that you don't your bound to get a write up. You dont get benefits like sick days or vacation days until after the first year and when you ask for them, its like they dont want to give them to you,they make it really hard to get your days off when its something you earned.In my region they made my fellow coworker meet an app goal that was ridiculous to meet before she went on vacation. The app goals are not realistic, they increase the app goal at my office when we were understaffed the month before. Training manager was very unprofessional and too subjective (it felt like another high school class) . THEY DONT DO GAS/MILEAGE COMPENSATION WHEN YOU GO TO TRAINING. They make you go to meetings that probably require you to travel one distance to another (for me it was 30 mins) and i Have to clock out, drive to location and then clock in. I DONT GET PAYED FOR THE TIME IT TOOK ME TO DRIVE TO A MEETING THAT WE COULD HAVE HAD IN THE OFFICE OVER THE PHONE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!! yes im stressed out about this job as you can see.

Advice to Management

I think you need to reevaluate the benefits for employees so that that you can decrease the rate of csr's quitting. If 9 out of 10 csrs are quitting because of working conditions, WHAT DOES THAT SAY?!? and you guys may say... BUT WE TOLD U IN THE INTERVIEW THAT IT WAS DEMANDING..it is ok if a job is demanding but not abusive. I HOPE SOMEONE FROM MANAGEMENT ever reads this!! The csrs are the one making your money so I believe we should be treated with more respect, have more benefits for the amount of work that we do (we are an active call center,other companies dont make their agents do courtesy calls or do thing that an assistant/secretary would do AND sell policies AND underwriting AND administrative functions AND clean AND waste our gas to go the bank to pick your receipts ALL OF THIS FOR $10/hour basepay .YOU GUYS ARE SURE MAKING YOUR BUCK WITH US HUH??

Other Employee Reviews for Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc.

1. "Very grumpy"

Former Employee - Sales Agent in El Paso, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in El Paso, TX

Pros

- Has better pay in comparison to other call centers.
    - Call volume is fair.
    - Sales bonus compensation is acceptable.
    - Turnover is not as bad as with similar positions.

Cons

- Management does not know how to properly address people.
    - You will be severally embarrased in front of other members of management or other CSRS.
    - If you try to contest the manager's opinion, you will be constantly harrased up to the point that you will end up quitting or just not show up anymore.

Advice to Management

Just change the whole management.

"Very Cut-Throat....Low employee retention. No Compassion for CSR's."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Victorville, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Victorville, CA

Pros

Pay is good. Training is sometimes intense.

Cons

No actual license training. Advancement is pretty much either based on sales, qualifications or even being in the right place at the right time that or even how attractive you look. According to (anonymous) management: Csr's are replaceable, management gets more liniency. Working hours for csr is mon-sat with variable hours wich really leave no option to run important errands or for much of a personal life. Not the best choice for family oriented individuals. If management doesnt like you, it is very easy to get you fired all it takes is a call and write ups from basically anything you do.

Advice to Management

The money spent on the permanent "Now Hiring" Signs should have been spent trying to figure out how to keep the current loyal employee's, and management should keep their personal lives at that "personal" Csr's dont like to hear about who within the company your dating...or what other employee you were all over at the christmas party. Either Mr. Loya Jr only see's numbers or he has no idea about whats happening in the different regions of his company.