Fred Meyer - Arrogance & Insignificance | Glassdoor

"Arrogance & Insignificance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Pros

A place to work and have co-worker friends that support each other.

Cons

Arrogant and self serving managment people.There main interest seams to be in promoting themselves no matter who they step on to get there.
No cost of living increases. I am payed only 0.40 cents an hour than I was nearly a decade ago. With the cost of insurance, taxes etc. I take home less money now, while the company braggs to us on a regular basis how our hard work keeps increasing there millions in profits. We are the ones making them there profits, not the managers, PIC's etc.. From my experience most of them are very lazy.
Continual cuts in employees and work hours puts more stress and work on all other employees and we are expected to maintain the work load and managments expectations no matter how insignificate they are. I contiuually here managment people, from store directors to PIC's, talking down customers. Seams to be in complete opposition to the "Customer First" "policy" they talk to us about. Fred Meyer for myself and the majority of my co-workers that I speak with, is a very stressfull place to work.

Advice to Management

Pay us a living wage! Treat us as intelligent human beings!

Other Employee Reviews for Fred Meyer

1. "Middle of the road"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Beaverton, OR

Pros

Employee discount, fast paced, convenient locations

Cons

Just a number to them, long hours

Advice to Management

More employee recognition

2. "My experience is generally positive."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

There are always enough hours if you want to work. Generally speaking, it's a pretty steady paycheck. The benefit packages are quite good for the job level.

Cons

Management are always finding ways to cut man hours. Stringent break schedule. High stress environment. Easy to get fired. Lack of communications between Associates and managers.

Advice to Management

Management should be more appreciative of store associates, not just provide lip service. Employee appreciation week seems to be more for managers than anyone else.