Fred Meyer - Good work when with the right co-workers | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Fred Meyer

"Good work when with the right co-workers"

Current Employee - Home Sales Clerk in Anchorage, AK
Current Employee - Home Sales Clerk in Anchorage, AK

I have been working at Fred Meyer part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits; employee discount and holiday pay at 6months, as well as vacation time at 1 year.

Cons

Your management team can make or break your experience. If you have a poor manager or management team, you may grow to dislike your job, but most often you will have at least 1-2 managers on your team that will know what they are doing and will help you out.

Advice to Management

Set up schedules that work for people, and try and keep that constant. If allotted hours shift, try and keep the rest of their shifts consistent, such as days off, and then reduce load from their (make them work part of the same shift, rather than change it around a lot). Also, be sure to communicate your work plan and your intentions with the employees so they can see what their work is accomplishing.

Other Employee Reviews for Fred Meyer

"Good experience"

Former Employee - Apparel Clerk
    Former Employee - Apparel Clerk

I worked at Fred Meyer part-time

Pros

Getting to help customers was always great, and I absolutely loved all of my coworkers. It was a good atmosphere, and I would work there again in a heartbeat.

Cons

Sometimes the expectations of corporate and management was too high. A heavy workload is one thing, but we're not superhuman, and it's ridiculous to ask us to have everything perfect by close when we still have customers on the floor at close.

Advice to Management

There should be a 30 minute window after close when workers can do a quick sweep before leaving without having to worry about being penalized for staying late.

2. "Not too bad, depending on management."

Former Employee - Apparel Clerk in Fairbanks, AK
    Former Employee - Apparel Clerk in Fairbanks, AK

I worked at Fred Meyer (More than a year)

Pros

A very friendly place to work for, preferable to other retail stores.

Cons

Ineffective management and poor training.

Advice to Management

Managers need to be on the same page with each other, instead of telling subordinates to do two opposite things. They also need to dedicate more time to training employees in new tasks, instead of assuming they know how to do it or telling them to just figure it out.