Freddie Mac - Bureaucracy, Inefficiency, and Complicated | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Freddie Mac

"Bureaucracy, Inefficiency, and Complicated"

Former Employee - Senior Financial Controller
Former Employee - Senior Financial Controller

Pros

Nice cafeteria. As a contractor, I could come and go as necessary. Learned a lot and was able to stretch and grow job wise.

Cons

To much over-time for full-time employees concerning tasks that are in 'hurry up and wait status'. Wait long enough and these tasks will go away and morph into something else.

Advice to Management

Freddie has a long bureaucracy which leads to inefficiency. Your a complicated natured business. You need to become more effective and need to figure out your value add as well as initiate better management processes.

Other Employee Reviews for Freddie Mac

1. "Transient Landscape"

Former Employee - Manager -Internal Controls Organization in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Manager -Internal Controls Organization in Washington, DC

I worked at Freddie Mac full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Huge Employer, Fringe Benefits, Collaborative work environment. There are a lot of smart people around, but need to align yourself and your career with their's to reap maximum benefit

Cons

Too many re-orgs happening due to recent economic crisis. As the company tries to find its optimal level of performance, the process of head count reduction and changing job descriptions can be painful at times

Advice to Management

none

"Message for Contract Workers Hoping to Get Hired On - Stay Away"

Former Contractor - Analyst in McLean, VA
    Former Contractor - Analyst in McLean, VA

I worked at Freddie Mac as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

I was fortunate in that I had a decent direct-manager, otherwise I would not have stayed as long as I did.

Cons

If you are a contract worker, which I was for 2 years, expect to be treated very poorly. There is very little training - it's sink or swim here. You cannot attend most of their meetings, thus you have little idea of what's going on within the company. In the meetings that they do let you attend, you will get to watch them give themselves awards (monetary) for work that you have done. You will find that many FTE's enjoy flaunting their positions/great benefits/telework etc. that you can't have (which I found childish). You do not get an actual desk. Instead, you will sit at a cramped table/cube where you can't even stretch out your legs. The exploitation of cw's by Freddie Mac should be illegal. I was told they were going to hire me as an FTE after my 2-year contract was up. But alas, a few months before my contract expired, it was "sorry, we can't hire you", even though my work was exemplary and I literally carried the small department I was in for most of the time I was there. When your contract expires, there is a mandatory 3-month layoff, after which they have the balls to ask to you come back under the same scenario - no benefits, no status. Obviously, Upper Management does not care about the work being done. By this I mean the quality of the work. They do not recognize good cw's who deserve to be hired. Morale is low, even for FTE's who are making good money and getting good benefits. If only they could see what's it's like on the other side as a cw. Maybe they wouldn't complain so much. I've heard it said, "what goes around comes around." If that's so, Freddie Mac is in for a big fall, and I'd have to say they deserve it!

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves. :) You really need to go. Place good people in management who care about the work being done, and also about people.