Freddie Mac - Positive work environment which builds strong bonds with team and management | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Freddie Mac

"Positive work environment which builds strong bonds with team and management"

Former Employee - Settlement Specialist in McLean, VA
Former Employee - Settlement Specialist in McLean, VA

I worked at Freddie Mac full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Teleworking available for most positions, work independently (not micro managed), management offers support and welcomes feedback

Cons

Pay structure due to conservatorship is harsh by industry standards. Could mean a pay decrease but the benefits may outweigh the cut (telework options / work life balance)

Advice to Management

In order to retain strong professionals and reduce turnover, more recognition and non monetary perks.

Other Employee Reviews for Freddie Mac

1. "Steady Freddie - not so much any longer"

Current Employee - Business Initiatives Director in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Business Initiatives Director in McLean, VA

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits but work-life balance depends on the area you work in. If you are a technology and/or financial professional you will find a challenging and stimulating work environment. A lot of capable and smart people.

Cons

Recently a lot of staff with key business knowledge have left the company (or been handed packages). Too many and frequent reorgs. Oh yeah, and a politically threatened future.

Advice to Management

Figure out the organizational structure and stick to it for some time; stop the constant reorgs.

2. "Was there for the worst of times, but enjoyed it"

Pros

I learned more during my time at Freddie than anywhere I've worked before or since, but I do attribute this to a particularly strong group of managers who ran our shop just like a bank. If you find the right people to work for, don't be afraid of the uncertainty at Freddie Mac. Despite the bumpy road, there are few places where you can have the same level of responsibility that a high performer at Freddie Mac should have in short order.

Cons

Since I was there when Hank Paulson kicked the door down, it was a bit nerve racking, and by all accounts uncertainty is the new norm.