Fredrikson & Byron - Excellent culture excellent people! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Fredrikson & Byron

"Excellent culture excellent people!"

I have been working at Fredrikson & Byron full-time

Pros

Great people to work with and excellent culture in the work place. The attorneys are very intelligent individuals and value all the different professions that help to make the company tick.

Cons

Law firms tend to move a little slower when it comes to new trends and technology which can help to improve efficiency. However, this is a minor con to the overall greatness of this firm.

Other Employee Reviews for Fredrikson & Byron

1. "attorney position"

Current Employee - Attorney in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Attorney in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Fredrikson & Byron full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

some groups are cohesive and work in teams

Cons

you eat what you kill
    no one works to share billable work with you unless its in their interest

2. "Legal Secretary"

I worked at Fredrikson & Byron full-time

Pros

The hiring process was easy, the human resources staff is friendly, free food almost all the time, and the benefits are extremely good--particularly the health care options. 21 days of PTO for entry level employees, and all employees are encouraged to take them, no questions asked. It's finding the time to take it between juggling the schedule of all your attorneys that is difficult.

Cons

Some of the attorneys are downright immature, rude, and feel they can treat their secretaries however they want. Bringing up poor treatment to human resources is futile--since attorneys are shareholders, there is little incentive for them to change their attitudes or apologize to their employees. The atmosphere is one of 'bill bill bill' and as a result, I got the impression that it is more about quantity than quality of legal aid there. There is virtually no training, the office secretaries have been there for years and are extremely gossipy, and I left every day feeling emotionally drained--not because it had been a day well spent, but because I was ridiculed for not working fast enough, hard enough or long enough by attorneys of whom I was not even under direct management.