FreeWave Technologies - The good times are over for good | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for FreeWave Technologies

"The good times are over for good"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

I worked at FreeWave Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent salaries, good benefits, free drinks, large car park.

Cons

Small company on the slow downhill slide into oblivion. Lack of market awareness/research resulting in development of new products that don't sell. Huge army of hardware and software engineers, yet new products take an age to appear. Uninspiring CEO that wants to be involved with everything yet will make a decision on nothing. Many employees that took this company to it's greatest heights are now gone -found pastures new or left (voluntarily or otherwise).
Senior management make decisions irrespective of advice or guidance from
experienced engineers. Morale in the company has evaporated, enforced culture change has made the workplace demoralizing.
Profit sharing has gone and is very unlikely to return unless the company undergoes a startling turnaround, SEP contributions, on the decline, may soon disappear too.

Advice to Management

Move over and let some other people have a go - you are taking this company down

Other Employee Reviews for FreeWave Technologies

"If you are thinking of working here, RUN!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

I worked at FreeWave Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

free soda, ping-pong nice building

Cons

Let me start by giving you a data point on the honesty of this companies' management: If you look below, you will see the "“This ain't your grandfather's company - what a breath of fresh-air!” review. Well, that was written by Kelly W., their head of H.R.!! How do I know? She TOLD me. Why? The word is out locally about what a dysfunctional horror show this company's management has become. When asked, they lied about it to several of my coworkers and me. They will do the same to you, as they are desperate to replace the people they have abused into leaving.

Their census remains stable while their turnover was a disturbing 30% for 2012 and 2013. I saw so many good people leave. (I wonder if they are still calling this catastrophic loss of talent "housecleaning"?) You just can't win there. As even minor constructive honesty will get you fired on the spot. The CEO advertizes an "open door" policy. He's nice to meet in the hallway, but don't believe that for a second. The most valuable thing I learned while at FreeWave? That there truly ARE worst things than being unemployed. Learn from my (& many others) mistakes.

Advice to Management

ALL of you (except for 1 or 2) need to go. Like 2 years ago.

"Could be a really great company"

Current Employee - Engineering in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Engineering in Boulder, CO

I have been working at FreeWave Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small company with a family feel. Beverage coolers, ping-pong, community time off, casual enviroment.

Cons

Management doesn't care and treats employee horrible. Too busy playing the blame game to get things done. No accountability until they want a reason to replace you. Then you are the only person who needs accountability. There is no team work and each department acts like its own company. Believes that indefinite corrective action (PIPs) are acceptable. No goals, no way to "fix what you did wrong". Asked to take mandatory time off, no bonuses, cut retirement payouts and cut back on expenses, but other teams spend away and we wouldn't want to miss a company party. Customer satisfaction is an after thought and employee satisfaction is not a thought. Don't ever be honest, it can and has cost several their jobs.

Advice to Management

Stop and listen to what you are being told! People have tried time and time again to express their discontent. You just do not want to hear it. How many more great employees do you have to lose before you will stop and listen to what's going on. You have values, follow them yourself before you expect your employees to.