Freedom Financial Network - Great opportunity to gain valuable financial experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Freedom Financial Network

"Great opportunity to gain valuable financial experience"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Freedom Financial Network full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Base + Commission
Flexible
Great culture - the company hires employees that fit the company culture and the people make working here great.

Cons

Cross department communication
In some departments there is room for advancement, but in others there is not.

Advice to Management

Open the communication channels between departments

Other Employee Reviews for Freedom Financial Network

"Personally and professionally I have grown more at FDR and I thank them for that."

Current Employee - New Client Enrollment in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - New Client Enrollment in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Freedom Financial Network full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Let me begin with an apology. I am not a writer nor has grammar ever been a strong suit of mine. I would normally not share my thoughts in written word but do understand where negative thoughts and accusations come from…I once lived them.

When I first came to FDR I was very skeptical. I graduated from college with a degree in Finance and was a successful financial consultant prior to going into the mortgage business. I had always looked at finance as a way to make people money and never looked at the “helping people out of a messy financial situation” side. In going through training and learning of all the tools out there that can help the general public I was excited about the opportunity! Once on the phone I found that it would not be as easy as I thought, and I thought I was the best!!

Instead of making excuses I looked deep into my process, spoke to my Team Lead and sought help from successful account executives at the time. This was a humbling experience and I will admit I even shed a few tears. I worked very hard to understand the leads that were calling in and how I could truly help them. I had to stop looking inward at what I needed and truly listen and understand each lead that was calling in. The answer was easy but the understanding took time. The answer was and still is to put the leads needs ahead of my own. Always consult as if you are speaking to your closest relative and give the most hones advice you can. The beauty of what the company does and the message delivered by management is that we cannot help everyone. This is not a “cure all” product/service. We deliver other companies options and send people on their way in the same manner and kindness as if we were enrolling them ourselves and this is a very big deal to me.

I was hired in late February of 2008, hit my stride in June 2008 and began to do very well. In our world enrolling a million dollars of business is a big deal. In the perceived "slow season" of December 2008 I enrolled over 20 clients for a total of $961,214. Once it was not about the numbers and about just helping the leads (while using all systems/ tools/ insight given to me), things became very clear and simple.

Personally and professionally I have grown more at FDR and I thank them for that. As for frustrated account executives and people in general I urge them to look outward, help others and seek help in whatever it is you do…For as long as you live.

It takes time for people to learn that life is not about them, it’s about helping others. Once this basic theory is understood and truly employed, success and fulfillment is around the corner. Unfortunately in the “Sales” world this is a tough theory to teach.

Cons

Sales is not always done through Selling and this is a tough concept for some people to understand.

Advice to Management

Continue to lead by example. Day in and day out you all set the bar on professionalism and what it is to truly care about people...yes people not employees. It is awesome to learn and see things from a giving perspective, especially in a business environment, this is very rare.

2. "Good now getting too big"

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Freedom Financial Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The service we provide to help people get out of debt and the people I work with are great

Cons

WAY too much micro managing and selling from script

Advice to Management

If you want robots, just hire kids out of college and have them read from a script