Freescale Semiconductor - Corporate culture is ill | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Freescale Semiconductor

"Corporate culture is ill"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Freescale Semiconductor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a steady paycheck. A few pool and foosball tables have been set up around the campus, and the on-site cafeteria and gym are very nice.

Cons

Work-life balance is terrible. Chronically understaffed and overburdened, with a corporate initiative to hire nothing but fresh-out-of-college from here on out. Management expects full production quality and quantity, but only provides pilot resources. Critical vacancies remain unfilled, and teams are fracturing. Every personnel loss stretches us closer to the break point.

Advice to Management

Recognize the experience that is leaving the company because the working conditions are getting so bad. New paint and fancy walkways do nothing to improve morale, and asking us to train new-hires in addition to an already maxed out workload is straining us to breaking.

Other Employee Reviews for Freescale Semiconductor

1. "Getting better, I hope"

I have been working at Freescale Semiconductor full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Freescale has decent compensation, good benefits, challenging problems, and often you get great colleagues to work with, bright and experienced.

Cons

Depending on where you are in the company and your management, a job can be great or a slow-motion disaster. The company has been in austerity mode for a long time, shedding people, just now working on getting fresh blood. Parts of the company are way over-managed, underfunded and understaffed.

2. "Good company to work"

Current Employee - Systems Architect
    Current Employee - Systems Architect

I have been working at Freescale Semiconductor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

* Senior management listens to people.
    * Decent and Good Salary.
    * Good benefits
    * Gives chance to suggest ideas and allow architects to work on new concepts

Cons

* Typical challenges associated with global companies having offices in various timezones