Freeslate - Great Technology..Management confused | Glassdoor

"Great Technology..Management confused"

Current Employee - Scientist in Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - Scientist in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Freeslate full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Love working with some of the coolest technology in lab automation and experimentation
People
Good Perks like free breakfast, Happy Hours, etc.
Management Communication

Cons

Senior management seems very confused
Not much innovation like in the past
Lack of growth prospects and repetitive projects due to which that have lost some good people

Advice to Management

Not sure if any advice would be taken by them seriously

Other Employee Reviews for Freeslate

"Smart, responsive, dedicated co-workers"

Current Employee - Senior Software Test Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Test Engineer

I have been working at Freeslate full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-The software team leader is a supportive and thoughtful manager who is great at both long range and short term planning, with great technical skills as well.
    -The company is filled with super-smart people who jump to meet the needs of the company. If I need something from someone in either my own group, a group I often cooperate with, or even someone in a completely separate group, I know that I am going to get a quick response and an effort to help, as schedule allows. The whole company feels like one big team. I never run into ego problems.
    -The upper management encourages open dialog and accepts criticism of policies gracefully. Up-down communication is encouraged.
    -The company is run by and filled with people with families. I have never been asked to put the company before the needs of my family.

Cons

A change in the company's focus earlier this year left us in a rebuilding mode. This has been disconcerting to many, including myself. However, I do feel like we are coming out of the fog and things are stabilizing out now.

"Stick a fork in it already"

Current Employee - Director Level
    Current Employee - Director Level

I have been working at Freeslate full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Our company's was founded on a legacy of powerful technology with talented, hardworking employees and momentum in the market.

Cons

CEO Senaldi and a couple of his chosen are about all that remain. His unending strategy shifts and workforce adjustments have destroyed any chance this company ever had of success. All we are doing now is holding on and updating our resumes.

Advice to Management

Pick a path, communicate the plan, and provide the necessary resources to get the job done. Is that too much to ask?