Frenkel & Co. - Not perfect, but I hear it could be much worse. | Glassdoor

"Not perfect, but I hear it could be much worse."

I have been working at Frenkel & Co.

Pros

Friendly and spirited staff, good morale, many educational opportunities. Company outings here and there throughout the year. Overall, there seems to be a good demeanor and pleasantness to the staff. There is an ability to joke and stay more or less positive when the really busy times come around. Most people truly want to make things better and do the best they can for the clients. They are hard workers.

Cons

Employees are frequently overworked and are underpaid. Bonuses and raises for the staff are a complete insult - a cruel joke if you will. The management seems to know just where they want you to stay and they will keep you there - glass ceiling. They also play favorites here and it's sickening. Certain people get special treatment and "deals." The favorites are, 95% of the time, the less talented and less... intelligent of the bunch. Management does not know enough about day to day activities to understand deficiencies in workflow and how to correct them. Training of new employees is non-existent - "sink or swim" style. The next employee in line is only as good as the teaching skills of the person before them, unless they are intelligent enough to come up with their own way to do things, which usually means they are intelligent enough to get out while they can. Needless to say there is quite a bit of turnover here. Side note: The "Face of Frenkel" is evil to all guests, delivery people and employees who do not have their key card (God forbid she needs to reach out her hand 12 inches and press a button that opens the door). She must have some dirt on the CEO because she hasn't been fired after several complaints and decades of "service."

Advice to Management

Pay more attention when your brightest employees have ideas for bettering workflow, efficiency and communication. These people are in the trenches every day and know what needs to be done. Provide technology if it will enhance productivity. The brightest people will use it, so give it to them. The ones who don't care to learn new and better ways to do things will sit back, stagnate and show who they really are. They... will deflect, delegate and still get away with not being skilled or valuable employees. There are always a handful of very bright people who are held back by the disorganized masses with their thoughtless and archaic ways of doing business. It seems management would rather let things stay the way they are than take the time to initiate real change. Promote these bright people, give them a chance to grow and earn more, reward them for what they bring to the table and stop playing favorites.

Frenkel & Co.2013-11-22

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great people who love Frenkel"

Current Intern - Summer Intern

I have been working at Frenkel & Co. for less than a year

Pros

The people are exceptionally friendly and the entire experience is very rewarding.

Cons

There could be clearer instructions for some projects.

Frenkel & Co.2019-07-20

"Very Poorly Run Company! Stay Away!!!"

I worked at Frenkel & Co. full-time

Pros

The one pro I have is that some of my former colleagues were very nice people

Cons

Cons.....where do I start! Working at This company was the WORST experience in my entire life. The blatant favoritism that was displayed was shocking. Some of the managers were unqualified to manage a team. The salary is very low compared to other competitor companies and the growth opportunities are lacking. I wouldn’t recommend this company to my worse enemy! I’m glad this horrible experience is behind me.

Advice to Management

Remember that you have human beings contributing to the growth and stability of the company. EVERYONE should be treated like they’re important and that they matter.

Frenkel & Co.2019-05-18

Discover more reviews about Frenkel & Co..