Fresenius Kabi USA - I felt we accomplished much success in growing the company...what we did was important and saved lives everyday. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Fresenius Kabi USA

"I felt we accomplished much success in growing the company...what we did was important and saved lives everyday."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Fresenius Kabi USA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The end result of our work. The people at APP - FK were great to work with. Compensation is very good.

Cons

The purge of departments after the acquisition of Fenwal (medical device company). Good move for FK from a business perspective. Too many FK folks were run off and replaced by Fenwal people that did not have the business knowledge in pharmaceuticals. The transition was hasty and not thought through. Excessive negative impacts to Accounts Payable; Finance and Controlling; Supply Chain Management. Work to life balance is now "Live to work, not work to live".

Advice to Management

The company has had solid footing and continually produced sales and profit gains. The Fenwal/FK integration did not appear to be planned well. Short-sighted and moved too fast resulting in a loss of productive people with much business intelligence.

Other Employee Reviews for Fresenius Kabi USA

1. "A new world"

Current Employee - Tech in Niagara Falls, NY
    Current Employee - Tech in Niagara Falls, NY

I have been working at Fresenius Kabi USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, ability to move up, bonuses.

Cons

Upper management needs to know how to deal with their people better..."a few" are very disrespectful. For a manager to come up to a table and speak to everyone but you (when you have worked under before) is completely unprofessional and rude. That is some of the managers that they have in this place.

Advice to Management

Take people classes.

"Only good for gaining pharma experience"

Pros

People are nice. Benefits decent. Great starting point for entry level individuals who want to gain experience in Pharma. Company is growing.

Cons

Workload can make you burnout quick. Culture is about "What have you done for me lately"? Management is trying to change that, but they are missing the mark as far as execution. SALARIES ARE BELOW AVG FOR PHARMA, which only sets the stage for employees to just want to gain their experience and then move on to other pharma companies when they get the chance.

Advice to Management

Company growth is more than just infrastructure. Its also about investment in retaining talent. Get ahead on this before your competition takes the talent you paid to develop from you.