Fresenius Medical Care - North America - a so so place to work.... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Fresenius Medical Care - North America

"a so so place to work...."

Current Employee - Clinical Manager
Current Employee - Clinical Manager

Pros

it is close to my home... it allows me more time to be with my family.

Cons

there is limited opportunity for advancement.., they do not advance fairly. the salary range is low. there needs to be salary adjustments within the company.

Advice to Management

value your employees and their opinions.

Other Employee Reviews for Fresenius Medical Care - North America

"Would still like my job back."

Former Employee - Acute Dialysis Nurse. in Palatka, FL
    Former Employee - Acute Dialysis Nurse. in Palatka, FL

Pros

The benefits are comparable to most medical facilities I believe. The pay scale is fair for the area in which I live. I had some job flexibility due to the nature of my position. I was able to work independently, with minimum supervision.

Cons

Company does not stand behind long term employees with good work records against Doctors, medical facilities. No respect given for long work history. I have seen this happen to other employees who had many years experience.
    I was fired during medical leave though I would have been able to resume work in just a couple more weeks. I was not given the courtesy of a phone call but received a what I considered a rather cold letter.

Advice to Management

Treat people with the realization that employees sometimes fall into life situations that are out of their control but would still be able to do their job with just a little understanding, and a little of the flexibility that we as employees are required to have.

"Good company but please back down on the clinical managers before we all leave."

Current Employee - Clinical Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Clinical Manager in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Ability to climb career ladder. They do care alot about the patients and the staff. The staff are rewarded at 5, 10, 15, 20, and 25 years of service. We are always trying to make things better for our patients through surveys, higher clinical outcome goals, quality improvement and just being there through the Ultracare mission. I'm proud to work at Fresenius and wouldn't have it any other way. Even if I step down and become a staff RN, I'll stay with the company because they do have the patient and staff and their best interests at heart. We are so much better than the competition.

Cons

To much is put on clinical manager. At Davita they have two positions for the ONE position we hold. To much emphasis on money! CM's are getting burned out! The clinical manager job is becoming overwhelming. They continue to add more and more to our plates and still want us to work on the floor. It's becoming impossible to do. My peers and myself are all thinking of stepping down and management just keeps piling more workload on our shoulders. They need to respect us and understand this is a very, very hard job and at Davita there are two managers and they don't work the floor. Please respect us, please!

Advice to Management

Please give the clinical manager more room to do our jobs! Allow us more decision making and do not make us work the floor as we have entirely too much to do, or hire another manager to support us! It's getting so much harder to focus as we have more and more to do and we're losing it. I can speak for my peers because we talk frequently, we are all overwhelmed. AM's are not helping us at all, they just e-mail us with more work and what we have to do to fix the TAP and the PI-17 and then they go to lunch. They don't come to the facility, EVER! They have someone else doing the AM audit, they just give orders to us while we work over 40 hours every single week, week in and week out. If I didn't love my patients and staff I would have been gone from this job LONG ago!