Fresenius Medical Care - North America - Worst Job Ever | Glassdoor

"Worst Job Ever"

Former Employee - Patient Care Technician in Lake Oswego, OR
Former Employee - Patient Care Technician in Lake Oswego, OR

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

as many hours as you can handle

Cons

company is only looking to make a buck.. "Total Patient Care" is a joke. No time to relally help the patients and it is all about the TIME. and $. Nurses had out meds and PCTs work like dogs. If you want your body to be destroyed from overwork and exposure to all kinds of fluids, for very low pay, this is the job for you... go anywhere else

Advice to Management

support your PCTs and actually care about the patients...

Other Employee Reviews for Fresenius Medical Care - North America

"Good PCT's will be compensated and rewarded for hard work elsewhere."

Current Employee - Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician in Deerfield, IL
    Current Employee - Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy using the superior products this company manufactures. It's nice to have a quality dialysis machine that leads in the market.

Cons

Workload is reasonable. However, compensation is completely inadequate. There are absolutely no incentives provided to individual employees or clinics for meeting workplace or patient care goals. Salary is dismal. The benefits package is SLIGHTLY better than what FMC's competitor (DaVita) offers, but then again, the competition is paying substantially more, not to mention bonuses.

Advice to Management

Stop crying broke. You should have roughly the same revenue as DaVita, since Medicare is paying out the same rate for all treatments now, so why is your competition "buying" out all of your dedicated and competent employees from under you? Is it because you flat out refuse to pay a fair wage to your employees? Management really needs to worry less about paying huge salaries and bonuses to themselves, and take care of the people who are doing all of the work (RN/PCT) that generates the revenue for this company.

"Fresenius Medical Care Patient Account Representative"

Former Employee - Patient Account Representative in Allentown, PA
    Former Employee - Patient Account Representative in Allentown, PA

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoyed my work, my supervisor and my co-workers. I loved going to work everyday. Great working environment and bonuses. Great benefits.

Cons

They closed the office...laying off everyone,,,,92 people at one time...in one day. They did this thru an email summoning everyone to the Holiday Inn the next day. No prior warning. Very unprofessional.