Fresenius Medical Care - North America - I think I'm underpaid. It's stressful. Pt don't appreciate us | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Fresenius Medical Care - North America

"I think I'm underpaid. It's stressful. Pt don't appreciate us"

Current Employee - Staff RN in Mesa, AZ
Current Employee - Staff RN in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They offer tuition reimbursement, but overwork you so you don't have time to pass your classes.

Cons

Most patients do not appreciate us

Advice to Management

stop being cheap and pay us more.

Other Employee Reviews for Fresenius Medical Care - North America

1. "Great place to learn about dialysis"

Former Employee - Ccht in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Ccht in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company is great on education. They give you ample opportunity to learn what you want about dialysis

Cons

the pay could be a little higher for CHT's and the work load is high. However, it is all about the patient care!

Advice to Management

complement your staff

"Don't waste your precious career on this organization"

Current Employee - Web Developer III in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Web Developer III in Durham, NC

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- It's a paycheck

- You don't have to worry about being fired because as of this writing, the turn-over rate is 60% (30 out of 50 new hires have left this year)

- It's a great location in the American Tobacco District of Durham, NC

Cons

- The organization suffers terribly from power brokers and gatekeepers who protect their fiefdoms vehemently.

- You will be thrown at a problem without any support or guidance whatsoever.

- The code base is monolithic, lacks any semblance of a design ... oh, and by the way, even though you're the new guy (or girl) it's all your fault.

- Although the firm claims to follow an agile process, the development process is actually scramble scramble scramble. Oh wait, the target you've been told to track against has moved yet again, quick scramble some more (rinse - repeat).

- When you succeed in spite of being put in a bad situation, aforementioned power brokers will due their utmost to tarnish the good name you are trying to build for yourself.

- Expect to be lectured tirelessly about simple concepts a first year CS student masters by individuals who lack education or experience outside of this one (small minded) organization.

- In short, Acumen Physician Solutions (as it calls itself today) is a sweatshop, and carries all the marquee traits: 1) A commodity product that cannot stand against the competition without huge price subsidies from the parent company. 2) High turnover rate because respectable employees quickly move on to something better 3) A small cadre of overlords keeping the ship afloat (although barely).

Advice to Management

Have some courage!

You're beholden to a select few individuals that ruin the organization, so they can maintain the status-quo. The more you cow-tow to these people, the tighter their grip becomes - anyone who is willing and able to help will certainly not tolerate the conditions for long.

As I stare into my crystal ball, a year from now - you will be doing exactly the same things. You will be scrambling to patch a shamefully outdated product, and wishing you could innovate. The added space and army of developers that will pass through one door, pause, and then out the next will not help. Your costs will sky rocket, and you will have nothing to show for it; thank goodness uncle Fresnius' checkbook can bail you out.

My advice to upper management: You don't need me to tell you who the problem individuals are, you already know. Demonstrate the fortitude to help those employees find a new role where they can be effective (versus a detriment).