Fresenius Medical Care - North America - Pretty good | Glassdoor

"Pretty good"

Current Employee - Patient Care Technician in Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - Patient Care Technician in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy my patients and I have a great manager.

Cons

Too much revolves around the budget. Employees should be compensated better.

Advice to Management

My experience was great at FMC.. My manager was patient & understanding.. We're still friends & I can use her for references. I'm PRN now, but wouldn't mind going back to full time.
My advice would be to focus more on compensation a little better. Hourly employees should get paid a little better.

Other Employee Reviews for Fresenius Medical Care - North America

"Overall, OK"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My experience on the FMS side was great. Dealing with patients and being a manager for the company in this sector was great!

Cons

A promotion to corporate headquarters for different sector of the company was fraught with managerial turnover (I had 6 in 9 months) and the inability for upper management to see problems clearly-hence their demise via 483's and Warning Letters.

Advice to Management

On the FMS side--keep up the good work! (Especially on the Regional level and below)
    On the Corporate RTG side--Open your eyes and cut out the cancers.

"Management needs to be more proactive in creating growth opportunities for employees"

Current Employee - A/R Accounting Assistant in Westchester, IL
    Current Employee - A/R Accounting Assistant in Westchester, IL

Pros

Generous vacation policy (2 days of paid time off per month - all that's required is a 48-hour notice)

Cons

Some of the people are uptight and pretentious; also some of the management is too catty/cliquey and so at times outright unprofessional
    Little room for growth; no one wants to take time to explain things or train employees properly
    Very low retention rate - people move in and out of this company frequently

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like smart, capable people deserving of respect as responsible adults. Also, don't hire managers/supervisors who will abuse their authority by talking down to employees and/or treating them like children. If you can't retain decent employees, your bottom line will plummet in the long run.