Fresenius Medical Care - North America - I worked as a dialysis nurse. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Fresenius Medical Care - North America

"I worked as a dialysis nurse."

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Huntsville, AL
Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits and pretty decent pay.

Cons

Management is rude to employees, especially those who are not of their ethnicity. Non-white problem employees are treated differently by management than their white counterparts. A white employee may receive counseling for an offense whereas a non-white employee would be fired. I was not fired, but have had management lie to me about job hours and get angry and disrespectful when asked about them. I had to resign my position.

Advice to Management

Get some diversity in management.

Other Employee Reviews for Fresenius Medical Care - North America

"FMC has taken the patient care out of the PCT position."

Current Employee - Ccht in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Ccht in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Job security, training, paid time off, coworkers, many locations, able to get 40 hours plus overtime, if you want it. 401 k

Cons

More and more job responsibility, with no added compensation or time to complete. Added jobs have nothing to do with patient care.

Advice to Management

More help, higher wages, and put focus on patient care. At present the focus is on loading your patient care techs with so much work, that you burn them out, and you don't care. To the company, we are disposable.

"I worked for this company for more than 10 years."

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, thorough training, and professional atmosphere.

Cons

Experiences vary significantly by direct supervisor. Career advancement is limited. Each division, region, business segment operate in silos. Poor communication throughout the company as a whole. Poor work/life balance expected.

Advice to Management

Keep confidences, foster trust, and stick to core values. The values are promoted but not followed.