Fresenius Medical Care - North America - Dialysis Tech - Overworked, underpaid, many problems | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Fresenius Medical Care - North America

"Dialysis Tech - Overworked, underpaid, many problems"

Former Employee - Certified Hemodialysis Technician in Melrose Park, IL
Former Employee - Certified Hemodialysis Technician in Melrose Park, IL

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good money, lots of overtime

Cons

Literally would sometimes work 12 hours plus three hours driving
Work not stimulating

Other Employee Reviews for Fresenius Medical Care - North America

"One seriously messed up company!"

Former Employee - Equipment Tech in Beaumont, TX
    Former Employee - Equipment Tech in Beaumont, TX

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I got to cash out my 401k plan and retire early so I could go back to school and get a real( after 16 years) job.
    From what I understand, they got rid of their technical staff and made the pct's do the grunt work ( like mix bicarb and make sure the patient was on the right acid bath). I am not opposed to pct's, but they pull them off the street with no education, medical training or experience in a chronic disease environment. When all is said and done the patients get low quality dialysis and usually die not long after dialysis is initiated to start with. I bet I could walk into any Fresenius Dialysis clinic and check to see if the UF pump stroked 1ml per stroke and the calibrations on most of the machines would be off and they wonder why they are being sued all the time?

Cons

Having to go to that job for 8-16 hours a day, 6 days a week. Putting up with whining doctors, RN's and half illiterate PCT's. Not to mention a boss that doesn't understand english very well, makes your whole existence suck.

Advice to Management

Not much except, ha, ha your stock had to get halved to keep it at it's present price level and it's only going to get worse because you cut corners every which way you could and tried to micromanage every aspect of the dialysis treatment. You are against the ropes and all the good people bailed on you. Now you have the best of the worst working for you.

2. "My experience helped me through raising my daughter and loved working with most co-workers."

Former Employee - Secretary/Ward Clerk in Donora, PA
    Former Employee - Secretary/Ward Clerk in Donora, PA

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits were good except that the pension was frozen when I first tarted employment. Co-workers friendly but can be difficult different culture issues.

Cons

No acknowledgement of what you handle on a daily basis by management. To much of stabbing in the back from the top,

Advice to Management

Stop only looking out for you and actually be a team player like most of the staff.