Fresenius Medical Care - North America - Going down pretty fast | Glassdoor

"Going down pretty fast"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, great time off policy.

Cons

With all the medicare cuts there were so many lays offs recently, country wide. There are now less opportunities for advancement unless you are a nurse looking for management position. More responsibilities are be given to the staff in the clinic levels. Training is horrible!

Advice to Management

Company should really look into the what is best for the patients. If staff are loaded with more responsibilities and less time for detail it's not good for patients. Company needs to work on more advancement opportunities instead of taking those away.

Other Employee Reviews for Fresenius Medical Care - North America

"Be cautious with these folks, not matter what role you are applying for."

Former Employee - Research in Concord, CA
    Former Employee - Research in Concord, CA

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunity for improvement but be prepared for politics, in-fighting, the FDA and a disjointed group of managers who should know better.

Cons

Major FDA problems. FDA problems. Legal problems...

Advice to Management

Try to work as a team and remember the FDA can impact your careers, it seemed as though the FDA was a secondary issues and besting your colleagues was job one, a staggering attitude.

2. "Highly professional, results-driven company with"

Former Employee - Medical Billing Specialist in Franklin, TN
    Former Employee - Medical Billing Specialist in Franklin, TN

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My personal supervisors in Franklin were fantastic - understanding, personable, friendly. When I needed time off and gave the appropriate notice, it wasn't a problem. It was expected that we all had lives outside the office, so when we were there, we worked hard, and when we weren't, we didn't stress out over work-related issues. Compensation and health benefits were quite good as well, better than most other employers I've worked for in town.

Cons

Communication was never their strong suit - I'm especially talking about the corporate managers and "higher-ups". Those of us who were being downsized in June 2014 found out the day it was taking place, while the meeting was taking place. So much for breaking it to us gently. Then, we were told to empty our desks, take our severance and leave. "Thanks for your service", indeed. Also, when our company merged with FMC, we were assigned a number, and needed to use that number whenever we had any HR or IT concerns. It really made us feel like they didn't care about us as people, only as numbers.

Advice to Management

Do a better job of communicating - both long-term and short-term issues - with your team. Remember that you are dealing with people, not numbers.