Fresenius Medical Care - North America - STILL ONE OF THE BEST HEALTH CARE COMPANIES TO WORK FOR, | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Fresenius Medical Care - North America

"STILL ONE OF THE BEST HEALTH CARE COMPANIES TO WORK FOR,"

Current Employee - Ccht in Springfield, MA
Current Employee - Ccht in Springfield, MA

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

as a dedicated CCHT>( with a BS and a COTA ( cert occupation therapist assistant degree) i always look to ensure i am up to date with all this company has to offer to protect my position. I am the "jack of all trades" man, and can do and learn most anything with our company.from computers to plumbing to machine PM AND DONE SO. YOU have to in this job market, as most will see, there are very FEW CCHT positions, because it is an excellent position and no one wants to leave. So to prevent burnout and complacency, you must keep mentaly busy.
PTO, JOB safety ( dont screw up, and your job is virtually safe till retirement). satelite opportunities to ensure 40 hour weeks and OT if needed, usually at employee choice. Benefits, very fair, THE BEST training in the industry as shown by our competitors offering Fresenius RN and CCHT's huge hourly increases starting at 5.00$ and up based on experience! Lots of assistance, offered although i never see it. patient care is unmatched BY MY COMPARISON TO OTHER dialysis companies. GREAT to work here if you are raising a family as FRESENIUS works with you as much and realistic as a company can. i have 3 children to prove it. RESPECT from most all other diciplines i work around in the acute setting

Cons

no advancement unless you favor up with someone. Once ( in) no one just "gives up" their position unless they have a better one. CM and up positions usually open when previous CM and upper get caught, or really just screw up. FAVORITISM is obvious. Pay scale NOT realistic, area adjustments although fair for what i do. NOT up to competitors. NO APPRECIATION or financial incentive to do more than your share, i do because its my WORK ETHIC, but i do not expect anyone else to be like me. RNs are favored fresh out of school more than CCHTs, so be prepared to defend yourself against the newbies who want to "reinvent the dialyzer". TO many RNs with EGOS,, CCHTs with 20 years have grown with the company, so dont tell them what the company wants or how to care for a patient ,,until youve asked them first. this Company is very forgiving
Patient care can be in jeopardy do to poor staffing, and poorly trained Rns. PCTs at a basic level of education tend to have a better work ethic, understanding and attitude after training i believe than Rns.
Just because you need staffing in the building to comply with state code. You cant force your CCHTs to cover for new RNs for Patient safetly. we want our jobs, and know how BAD these RNs and managers can make it for us.
one last thing, Racial inequality, Keep the hiring practice Blind to some degree. You have lost alot of 4.0 Graduates just because they are BLACK /hispanic or Have an accent. I now meet with these same people every weekend and compare and share companies stories and can tell you they are geniouses in the field. Just with the wrong company.

Advice to Management

STILL i believe this to be the BEST company to work for and truly a LEADER. in PATIENT SAFETY AND CARE. BUT to truly offer employee incentives to keep the best employees faithful and give 160% in work effort , and counter work burnout, Give where you truly can. We understand that we have to work in unsafe conditions when needed, so we work HARDER. but work with us. COME ON OUT TO THE FLOOR.
recognize ALL RNs and PCTs for achievments that help the company, from patient education to STAFF education.
EGOS ASSIDE, PCTs have alot to share AND CONTRIBUTE with RNs and management and the education team with all areas of this company You dont have to do anything but at least listen.
  Promote employee intereaction with each other, ie, monthly lunches, xmas party with the administrator present for an hour, bonuses for 0 late, 0 non sched. pto etc etc (yes its childish but were all children at heart). and when we talk, LISTEN first before you turn your back. that way we can feel that our contributions may sometime in someones lifetime, be of value. and finally
 seperate managment from non, Dont offer a Scholarship and say its fair and for everyone, when you see CMs and above getting all the money. Under paid RNs and CCHTs need help too. give the profit sharing to upper management (the rate you gave us) and the scholorships to us. Makes it look like a scam for upper management to make bigger bonuses.
 AGAIN i stand with this company and believe it can be alot more, just bring everyone closer as a group with strength and magnitude, with cohesive values incentives to promote a healthy working atmosphere, that in itself makes a great patient centered quality of care working environment. You would have to offer early retirement to get rid of some of us.Keep the hiring based on need and skill ,,not on race.
If i described myself, many many employees and managers and educators i have worked with would know who wrote this. I am laughed at, laughed with, i talk alot, and do my best to take away even a little of the pain our patients AND STAFF are experiencing, and try to let them forget they are ill for just a moment, and remind them that its a fun job, with purpose and to practice with pride.
No im not going ANYWHERE. YES now that my kids are grown i am in a RNs program to further myself where i can in the company.

Other Employee Reviews for Fresenius Medical Care - North America

"Fresenius Medical"

Current Employee - Patient Care Technician in Evans, GA
    Current Employee - Patient Care Technician in Evans, GA

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is friendly and has offered help if needed. I love that they offer tuition reimbursment and discounted gym membership. There are a lot of good perks.

Cons

My only issue is the hiring process. Its has taken so long to get the proper paper work to complete the hiring process as far as drug screen and background check. I am close to my training start date and may not be able to start because after 8 business days my background check is still pending (HR stated it takes 3-5 business days.)

Advice to Management

Revamp the hiring process so that employees are able to start training in a timely manner.

2. "Stable Company"

Current Employee - Warehouse in Walnut Creek, CA
    Current Employee - Warehouse in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Company with good medical benefits and decent wages.

Cons

One of the supervisors in the warehouse department may not have been the best choice.

Advice to Management

Ensure Fair treatment of employees by management.