Fresenius Medical Care - North America - Good company but please back down on the clinical managers before we all leave. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Fresenius Medical Care - North America

"Good company but please back down on the clinical managers before we all leave."

Current Employee - Clinical Manager in Baltimore, MD
Current Employee - Clinical Manager in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Ability to climb career ladder. They do care alot about the patients and the staff. The staff are rewarded at 5, 10, 15, 20, and 25 years of service. We are always trying to make things better for our patients through surveys, higher clinical outcome goals, quality improvement and just being there through the Ultracare mission. I'm proud to work at Fresenius and wouldn't have it any other way. Even if I step down and become a staff RN, I'll stay with the company because they do have the patient and staff and their best interests at heart. We are so much better than the competition.

Cons

To much is put on clinical manager. At Davita they have two positions for the ONE position we hold. To much emphasis on money! CM's are getting burned out! The clinical manager job is becoming overwhelming. They continue to add more and more to our plates and still want us to work on the floor. It's becoming impossible to do. My peers and myself are all thinking of stepping down and management just keeps piling more workload on our shoulders. They need to respect us and understand this is a very, very hard job and at Davita there are two managers and they don't work the floor. Please respect us, please!

Advice to Management

Please give the clinical manager more room to do our jobs! Allow us more decision making and do not make us work the floor as we have entirely too much to do, or hire another manager to support us! It's getting so much harder to focus as we have more and more to do and we're losing it. I can speak for my peers because we talk frequently, we are all overwhelmed. AM's are not helping us at all, they just e-mail us with more work and what we have to do to fix the TAP and the PI-17 and then they go to lunch. They don't come to the facility, EVER! They have someone else doing the AM audit, they just give orders to us while we work over 40 hours every single week, week in and week out. If I didn't love my patients and staff I would have been gone from this job LONG ago!

Other Employee Reviews for Fresenius Medical Care - North America

"locals show favoritism"

Current Employee - Acute Care RN Staff in Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Acute Care RN Staff in Fayetteville, NC

Pros

having been with the company many years, I am at the top of the pay scale and vacation time (PTO), I feel I have to stay there till retirement, since it's not too many years away.

Cons

If you are not one of my immediate supervisors' "golden child" employee, then you may not get the time off you have requested, even months in advance. Sometimes you do not even know you don't have off the requested time til the work schedules comes out whick can be just a mater of a few days before the present schedule runs out. We get a 4 week schedule at the time. She gves the excuse she didn't get the request or others asked for the same time off. We can only ask for 1 week off at a time unless you have family far away and go visit them. SO...most of us at work will NEVER be able to take a week cruise or site seeing trip while employed locally.

Advice to Management

I've never met Sr. Management, only local administration. But, why can't there be an understanding of putting out the 4 week work schedule at least 2 weeks before the present one runs out. It would give us time to schedule Dr. appt. or such. How about having the person that approves or denies your PTO request to let you know if approved or denied with, say, 1 week after submiiting request so employee can make reservations and get airline/cruise tickets in a timely manner instead of at the last minute. Why is there a pay cap? It makes it look like one should leave the company after having seniority. No pay for having national certification such as CNN (Certified Nephrology Nurse), why? It shows we "know" what we're doing!

"Be the best employee you can be but never be recognized; mess up one time and never be forgotten!"

Former Employee - Hemodialysis Technician in Corpus Christi, TX
    Former Employee - Hemodialysis Technician in Corpus Christi, TX

Pros

Great to help people in a way that not every one is able to. Patients really appreciate the hard work put into caring for them.

Cons

Hours are long because the employee turnover rate is so bad! They cannot keep employees. Pay increases are not fair, and sometimes do not happen when necessary.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to the patients voice! Know what is going on in each clinic by passing out patient surveys, then fix the problems! Employee surveys are a good idea, too. Care about your job, not just the paycheck!