Fresh and Easy - Great opportunity at the start... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Fresh and Easy

"Great opportunity at the start..."

Current Employee - Buyer in El Segundo, CA
Current Employee - Buyer in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Fresh and Easy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Culture, people, pay, training, experience

Cons

Current business dynamic with ambiguity

Advice to Management

Should have actively listened more

Other Employee Reviews for Fresh and Easy

1. "Exciting"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Fresh and Easy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing people to work with, great product you can believe in, incredible culture that you want to be a part of.

Cons

Culture is starting to fade as company goes thru a strategic review.

Advice to Management

Listen to the team in the field, many have lots of experience

"Misleading"

Current Employee - Team Leader in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Team Leader in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fresh and Easy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, great benefits.... Great concept...would do well on the east coast providing they work out their kinks. Bringing healthy affordable food to those who are unable to shop at Whole Foods or Trader Joes. Its a concept I think First Lady Obama would love.

Cons

Physically intense job due to the lack of organization, stores understaffed, CUSTOMER SERVICE SUFFERS because employees have to get product onto the shelves quickly since it comes in fresh everyday, there is no training protocol in place to train management....they throw everything at you at once and lets hope things stick, the staff stretched so thin that cleanliness is an issue. The short comings of the stores I would not blame on store management or staff. They work their butts off. Upper Management is clueless....honestly no idea how to run a company.

Advice to Management

Senior management should listen to store management and staff since they are the ones who deal with the stores and customers. As with most retail companies very few members of upper management rose to their positions from the bottom. Those that have, have been away from the front lines so long that they have lost touch with customer service. Decisions are based on what educators and the mba's think. If you have the experience from the bottom then you should have the instincts. Talk to the employees and customers on local levels. The videos you watch online are outdated and misleading. The culture at the headquarters may be amazing but in the stores the employees are negative and unhappy. I'm sad to say that I will only be here till I can find a better company that will benefit from my 20+ years of customer service and retail/restaurant management experience. Great concept but organization horrible. Stores are suffering due to mismanagement at the upper level. No policies manuals, employee handbooks, or any kind of written guides to assist in the day to day operations of the store.