1. "Freshpet Review"

5.0
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Secaucus, NJ

I have been working at Freshpet full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working at Freshpet means you can be heard. We have smaller marketing teams covering a lot of ground, so when I started at Freshpet I was thrilled to know I'd be exposed to many different things and grow along the way. I've been at the company for a few years and I love that if you speak up and share your opinions, it can be a collaborative and inclusive space. Lots of opportunity to get involved in new projects if you raise your hand! Upper management floats among us! You can feel free to chat with our founders/execs and pick their brains if you needed/wanted without barrier. The culture is relaxed. We go on periodic team building events and brainstorming sessions. You're also able to bring your dog to work, if you so please :) The food we make is a big PRO. Before feeding my pet Freshpet Select, she was an extreme picky eater and severely underweight. Being close to community management and customer care, I've realized that my dog wasn't the only one loving and benefitting from steam-cooked, all-natural food. You'll see it reviews and on social, and it's a rewarding part of the job.

Cons

Like I mentioned teams are smaller, so you'll have to be prepared to pick up things quickly and also be a self-starter. But these are good qualities to own.

Freshpet2018-08-08

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Freshpet is the most rewarding and satisfying company I've ever worked for!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Human Resources Administrator in Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at Freshpet full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been with Freshpet for 1 1/2 years now. Freshpet has been the best company I've worked for because they really do value and care about their employees. Everyone's very friendly and honest. The company communicates important matters which makes me very proud to work for a company that's working to make themselves a good place to work and a leader in their industry. We have great perks as employees and great benefits which we get rewarded for by working hard and being dedicated. It's a company that I can honestly call the best company I've worked for and I'm a big critic when it comes to that. I have worked in other manufacturing industries were you're just a number and there's a lack of teamwork and leadership. I see myself growing within and retiring from Freshpet. Why, because I see their rapid and steady continued growth. I recommend Freshpet to be on the list of the best 100 companies to work due to the company perks and benefits, their company culture and values, and their competitive wages. I can honestly say that I'm proud to call myself a Freshpet Employee!

Cons

We're running out of room due to our rapid growth :)!

Continue reading
    Freshpet2018-07-31
  2. "Above Average Company"

4.0
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at Freshpet full-time for more than a year

Pros

Growth potential is exponential. Currently 1 plant, with a second one right next door on the way. 12 hour shifts, with a 24/7 production schedule. Expansion plans could be endless. Above average staff on day and night shift between the departments. Hard working teams on the floor; most people seem to thoroughly enjoy their job. Benefits and bonuses are great. Salary is so-so, for a supervisor. Quite a bit of freedom in the direction you want to run your department, as long as what needs to get done...gets done.

Cons

Some department front-line management is overbearing at times, and seems to be on a power-trip. It's noticeable and permeates throughout the plant. Redundancy is an issue - seems there are multiple levels to reports, duties, meetings, etc. Not quite sure how some people got hired here.

Continue reading
    Freshpet2020-01-10

Discover more reviews about Freshpet.