Freshpet - Freshpet Review | Glassdoor

Employee Review

"Freshpet Review"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Secaucus, NJ
Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Secaucus, NJ

I have been working at Freshpet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at Freshpet means you can be heard. We have smaller marketing teams covering a lot of ground, so when I started at Freshpet I was thrilled to know I'd be exposed to many different things and grow along the way. I've been at the company for a few years and I love that if you speak up and share your opinions, it can be a collaborative and inclusive space.

Lots of opportunity to get involved in new projects if you raise your hand!

Upper management floats among us! You can feel free to chat with our founders/execs and pick their brains if you needed/wanted without barrier.

The culture is relaxed. We go on periodic team building events and brainstorming sessions. You're also able to bring your dog to work, if you so please :)

The food we make is a big PRO. Before feeding my pet Freshpet Select, she was an extreme picky eater and severely underweight. Being close to community management and customer care, I've realized that my dog wasn't the only one loving and benefitting from steam-cooked, all-natural food. You'll see it reviews and on social, and it's a rewarding part of the job.

Cons

Like I mentioned teams are smaller, so you'll have to be prepared to pick up things quickly and also be a self-starter. But these are good qualities to own.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Working at corporate (Secauscus) or plant (Bethelehem, meat processing) may change your perspective."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

I worked at Freshpet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Above average benefits, fast growing.

Cons

Employees with longer tenure in managemnet dominate outcome of decisions. Bethleham facility is crowded with 20 sq . feet of work space for office employees. The manufacturing floor is at 40 deg F. If your job requires any time on production floor, it could be noisy, uncomfortably cold, smelly and walking over meat. It is a publicly owned company with debt and very little profit - check financial reports. The management has history of several similar company background with selling brand and starting new company - potential for brand sold to large corporation. Check top management total pay in financial report, high for the revenue and size of company.
    If you apply for a job relating to manufacturing be aware that it is a 24/7 operation , prepare to spend weekends/holidays at work and working conditions.
    Company has difficulty finding people, most office and engineering jobs are filled by recruiting agency.

Advice to Management

Unshackle from so called key employees.

2. "Machine Operator"

I have been working at Freshpet full-time

Pros

Pay good. Job is not hard.

Cons

Mandatory overtime. Working in cold temperature.

Advice to Management

Stop the mandatory overtime

Discover more reviews about Freshpet.