Freshpet - Freshpet Review | Glassdoor

Employee Review

"Freshpet Review"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Secaucus, NJ
Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Secaucus, NJ

I have been working at Freshpet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at Freshpet means you can be heard. We have smaller marketing teams covering a lot of ground, so when I started at Freshpet I was thrilled to know I'd be exposed to many different things and grow along the way. I've been at the company for a few years and I love that if you speak up and share your opinions, it can be a collaborative and inclusive space.

Lots of opportunity to get involved in new projects if you raise your hand!

Upper management floats among us! You can feel free to chat with our founders/execs and pick their brains if you needed/wanted without barrier.

The culture is relaxed. We go on periodic team building events and brainstorming sessions. You're also able to bring your dog to work, if you so please :)

The food we make is a big PRO. Before feeding my pet Freshpet Select, she was an extreme picky eater and severely underweight. Being close to community management and customer care, I've realized that my dog wasn't the only one loving and benefitting from steam-cooked, all-natural food. You'll see it reviews and on social, and it's a rewarding part of the job.

Cons

Like I mentioned teams are smaller, so you'll have to be prepared to pick up things quickly and also be a self-starter. But these are good qualities to own.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Machine Operator"

I have been working at Freshpet full-time

Pros

Pay good. Job is not hard.

Cons

Mandatory overtime. Working in cold temperature.

Advice to Management

Stop the mandatory overtime

2. "Endless Opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

I have been working at Freshpet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great management that listens and allows you to create new opportunities within your field and work across different functionalities, depending on your skills and interests. Smaller company culture that looks for employees with an entrepreneurial drive. Those who are self starters will thrive at this company.

Cons

While there is ample growth opportunity, I'm finding the compensation benefits to stay long-term is why people choose to move on. That said, those who choose to stay here are "lifers."

Advice to Management

Celebrate employee's anniversaries and compensate the employees fairly that choose to stay, grow and take on more responsibilities.

Discover more reviews about Freshpet.