Cover image for Freshworks

Current Employee, less than 1 year

Ideal Work Environment

Apr 10, 2020 - Customer Success Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- CEO genuinely cares about you. With the outbreak happening, I was worried I might get laid off but I ended up getting full-time and not a single employee was laid off. - we were given a stipend to get work from home accessories like a monitor and a keyboard - everyone has been so nice. Not fake nice, but genuinely nice. We have fun happy hour calls with trivia, we have a slack channel just to show off our pets - the mentorship program is really great. I was worried I wouldn't be trained properly but it was nothing short of the opposite experience. Many people reached out the first week and offered to help me learn the product. All the other CSM's have been so helpful and offered lots of advice, the team in India called me every day to go over product specifics, and my boss has been incredibly supportive - pay and benefits are great, work environment is great, and the people are amazing

Cons

- Its a fairly new company with some growing pains which are to be expected. Sometimes its a bit disjointed but I can tell people are working on it - Quarantine has made starting at the company a bit strange but honestly, I have no complaints

Be the first to find this review helpful

Freshworks Response

Senior Director, Human Resources

Thanks for writing the review! I'm so happy that your experience has been great. Our teammates are top priority for us. We'll continue getting even better!

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great culture

Dec 2, 2022 - Director in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

CEO displays empathy and believes, promotes high quality company culture and customer first attitude

Cons

Work can be challenging due to time zone differences with development based out of Chennai

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Really trying, but not good enough

Sep 12, 2022 -  in San Mateo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Freshworks is an interesting place... Many of the people you'll work with are nice and mean well, and depending on your team and role, the hours can be relaxed. Salaries are decent, and home internet is reimbursed up to $100/month. There's also definitely the chance to interact with senior leadership, depending on the team.

Cons

Processes are a mess - you'll be told to submit tickets, email random people, and then finally get a response 2 months later, if you're lucky. Everyone I know in the US has had that same experience, with much of the internal processes and approvals being owned by coworkers in India. Because of that, time zones can be tough for some meetings, but luckily most only have a few of these meetings per week. There's a lot of talk about the employee coming first and how much they love diversity and inclusion, but it's mostly talk. Employees clearly didn't want to be forced back into the office, but we're now on a hybrid model globally, without so much as a poll of employees' opinions. D&I efforts are mostly surface-level, with no real commitment to D&I at the top. Only 8 weeks of paid parental leave currently in the US, even though employees in other regions get more. No 401k match.

Continue reading
    5 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Freshworks.

Freshworks Photos