Friendship Public Charter School - Poor Leadership & Lack of Clarity | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Friendship Public Charter School

"Poor Leadership & Lack of Clarity"

Current Employee - Director Level in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Director Level in Washington, DC

Pros

Technology integration is SUPERB! Access to current and latest technology is strong and evident on all levels of the organization -- from the classrooms to the executive leadership team.

Cons

Poor leadership; ever-shifting priorities and direction; lack of follow thru by leadership; lots of plan no follow thru or execution of the plan; focus is on enrollment not student needs

Advice to Management

Choice 2 or 3 priorities; over communicate the priorities; hold ALL levels of employees accountable for outcomes -- not just teachers or "outcasts".

Other Employee Reviews for Friendship Public Charter School

1. "Great experiences with students and staff, leadership model and loyalty to staff lacking"

I have been working at Friendship Public Charter School full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some incredible educators and students. Many people work beyond the requirements and hours

Cons

Leadership focuses on what is hot. Staff doesn't get sufficient praise or credit for good work, but quickly get thrown under the bus as needed.

Advice to Management

FOCUS. Stop jumping to what is 'hot' at the moment. Support your employees. Make them want to stay instead of burning them out. Remember that the focus is the children, not good press or empty data for a quick buck.

2. "Focused on kids, good PD opportunities"

I worked at Friendship Public Charter School full-time

Pros

Let's admit it -- teaching is hard. It's especially hard with today's overemphasis on standardized testing and ranking everything. While the work was hard, my teaching experience at Friendship was one of my best so far. My coworkers were supportive, I felt valued by my supervisor and more importantly by my students. I worked really hard for my students and I was recognized for doing so.

Cons

DC is really expensive. While my salary was good especially compared to other charters, my commute was horrendous and the costs of working in DC were too much.

Advice to Management

Open schools is Maryland. You are needed here and the quality of life for teachers will be so much better.