Frontier Communications - Worked for an application software | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Frontier Communications

"Worked for an application software"

I worked at Frontier Communications (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly envrironment, good work, Good location

Cons

changing conditions, upper management, blahhhh

Other Employee Reviews for Frontier Communications

"Used to be a good place to work"

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You will be challenged here, both personally and professionally. Pay is lower than regional average, but reasonable. Benefits, while expensive, are better than other places.

Cons

My salary was significantly lower than regional average for the work I performed.

Career advancement is nearly impossible. In the 8 years I was employed at Frontier, I know of less than 15 people who were promoted in the IT department. The only way to be promoted is to leave the company. I know of someone who applied for the same position at Frontier and Paychex. He was told by FTR he wasn't qualified, while at PAYX he was over-qualified. He left FTR when offered the identical PAYX position.

There is no work-life balance. Just before I left, my team was told in a staff meeting the minimum number of hours we should expect to work is 60 per week, and friends who are still employed there report working 90+ hours per week. There is no increase in their salaries, nor any bonuses paid for these extra hours worked.

There is no interest in training employees. In 8 years, I was sent to only 4 courses.

Senior management will often change project expectations in mid project and not communicate the change, leading to confusion and mistrust of upper management.

Management used to be approachable, but now operates using fear. I was personally threatened with being fired by my manager after reporting unethical activity by upper management to HR. I was also told I would not be hired elsewhere because "there are no jobs." I was hired less than a month after leaving the company.

Advice to Management

One of your tenets is to treat others with respect, and to maintain good people. In the months before I left, I witnessed many talented IT folks leave because executive management felt it necessary to belittle and outright threaten them.

There are reportedly 120 open positions in IT...have you thought about why, when you asked employees to recommend their friends and family, there are still 120 open positions in IT?

It's shameful that current management turned a good place to work into a toxic environment. The Board would be doing themselves a favor if they looked at executive level management and cleaned house, starting with Wilderotter and her nepotist cronies.

"Not great but ok to work"

Current Employee - IT SVPR
    Current Employee - IT SVPR

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

not many layers in org ladder.

Cons

not good mgmt in IT