Frontier Communications - Frontier bit off more than it can chew. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Frontier Communications

"Frontier bit off more than it can chew."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

relative to other companies, none stand out.

Cons

Tanking stock, fear-based management style, close to bullying, incompetent upper management, zero diversity. very homogenous environment. dinosaur technology. Like a donut-shop trying to produce as much as Hostess.

Advice to Management

Understand your business and listen to the experts you have working for you. There is a reason why moral is down and the company keeps losing qualified people. Before the acquisition of Verizon, the company was considered innovative in telecom. Verizon is still considered innovative in telecom. Frontier has seen absolutely no success since the aquisition. It's embarrassing to say I work there. The pep emails from upper-management are unprofessional, off-topic and full of typos. Even the logo it outdated.

Other Employee Reviews for Frontier Communications

"Disrespectful Management"

Current Employee - Dispatch Clerk in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Dispatch Clerk in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Other employees were absolutely amazing.

Cons

Lack of accountability from management. Too much focus on sales. Archaic systems.

Advice to Management

Fire current management team from West DRC dispatch center. Very disrespectful management team, that lacks the accountability that they say is expected from employees. If you want to get reprimanded for doing what you were told to do, or if you are directed not to do something and don't do it, be ware. your job will be at stake. This company does not take the proper steps to ensure customer satisfaction. They lack innovation and refuse to improve their internal systems to better serve customers and make it easier for employees to help customers.

"A roller coaster ride that makes you queasy!"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Deland, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Deland, FL

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay for the city I am in (not decent for what you have to deal with), Good co-workers, Paid time off

Cons

Neglet for the customer, Pushy about sales, out dated systems, No communication from a communications company, RUDE & I MEAN RUDE customers that yell in your ear ALL day long

Advice to Management

We need effecient systems so Frontier can be a whole and run on ONE system. It would be nice if EVERY work group could communicate, Stop pushing sales!!!!! if you actually focus on customer first you might just expirence less angry customers and more that are willing to buy offers.

Happier customers = Happy workers and vice versa. I'm tired of the complaints that we recieve on a daily basis that could have been handled a LONG time a go but employees are too focused on making a buck then anything else, basically how do you expect us as employees to put the customer first when our pay check is determined by our sales??? I say up the base & lower the comission this way employees can actually take care of the customer.

Why up the base? WHY NOT? If you up the base pay of the current employees and focus more on customer care you will:

1. Retain more employees
    2. Retain more customers
    3. Call volumes will be less which in turn means less hiring and a lower turn around rate.

Just a few changes would make this company better for not only the employees but the customers as well.