Frontier Communications - Frontier Communications is a great place to work the only negative I have it lack of direction sometimes and training. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Frontier Communications

"Frontier Communications is a great place to work the only negative I have it lack of direction sometimes and training."

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Burnsville, MN
Current Employee - Network Engineer in Burnsville, MN

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture within the work place. Managers/supervisors are very helpful with any questions or concerns as well as understanding when scheduling PTO, family emergencies, etc. Plenty of opportunities to improve yourself within the company. Great benefits and pay.

Cons

Lack of direction relating to what exactly is required out of a task. Tasks are often assigned regardless if you are exactly qualified for it or not leading to confusion and errors. Completing your tasks is often done in a trial by error or learn from your mistakes approach. PTO is set up in a use it or loose it fashion.

Advice to Management

Upper management's main goal is profit. They try to claim to care about the employee but main worries are about getting new customers and money first.

Other Employee Reviews for Frontier Communications

1. "A good first company to work for as an intern."

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Rochester, NY
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Rochester, NY

I worked at Frontier Communications as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I went there as an intern, and they were very helpful and kind to us throughout. A lot of good, relevant exposure to the current networking technologies. Responsibilities were at the same level as all the full-time employees working the same position.

Cons

No formal training was provided for the position, which, in hindsight, might have been really helpful in achieving the maximum in this position.

2. "Could be better"

Current Employee - Medium Account Manager in Elk Grove, CA
    Current Employee - Medium Account Manager in Elk Grove, CA

I have been working at Frontier Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good People. Some are trying very hard. The company wants to go in the right direction.

Cons

They are stuck with horrible process' and have no new technology to help orders thru their systems. Communications is poor between departments and levels.

Advice to Management

Automate, automate, automate.... This could be a much better place to work but the process is so broken it is hard to get things done and the customers suffer because of it.