Fruitful Yield - Unfruitful Yield... | Glassdoor

"Unfruitful Yield..."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Berwyn, IL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Berwyn, IL

I have been working at Fruitful Yield part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bonuses every 3 months, free trainings and free product every month. Most of your coworkers are easy to work with, and a few are very caring.

Cons

They expect a lot of work done for low pay, as with any company. They are not hiring full time workers anymore. A few of the assistant managers are very aggressive, and downright mean. When I first started the company I was in tears from one of them harassing me. And heard from other coworkers that she did the same thing to them.

Other Employee Reviews for Fruitful Yield

1. "Free education, but overload of work"

I have been working at Fruitful Yield full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company provides a lot of learning opportunities, and you receive a ton of free products from the company and vendors. They host a pretty good amount employee appreciation events and theres a small quarterly bonus.

Cons

The amount of information you are expected to retain is unrealistic. It'd be nice if it were possible, but a lot of it is collage level, nutrition and anatomy information. Their sales strategy is to have a brilliant staff who is able to educate the customer. They have also stopped promoting from within.

Advice to Management

Management needs to find balance for their teams and realize how much they are asking of everyone and how small the reward is. (pay)

2. "A Learning Experience"

Former Employee - Product Specialist in Darien, IL
    Former Employee - Product Specialist in Darien, IL

Pros

Other employees were like a second family. The managers at my particular store were awesome (although both are unfortunately no longer managers). We got to learn about all the different products. We got free products every month. Now Foods is a pretty good company as far as quality of products is concerned.

Cons

Pay. Definitely the pay. Corporate put a lot of pressure on the managers, and it showed. Corporate micro-managing was annoying. Very limited ability to move up to higher positions. You definitely need to be on your A-game as far as customer service is concerned - there are some very difficult people, and many of them are repeat customers.

Advice to Management

The people who work for corporate should be moved up from the stores - we know a lot more about our customers than someone coming in off the streets. There are a lot of people in sales associate positions who want to move up.