Fuhu - Lack of career managers…Tons of talent… | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Fuhu

"Lack of career managers…Tons of talent…"

Current Employee - Marketing in El Segundo, CA
Current Employee - Marketing in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Fuhu full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing leads who come from very different backgrounds: big companies, small companies, ad agencies, or straight out from college. Most of them have a creative, product development or tech background. Very few are MBAs or ex consultants.
To me, it is a positive thing. Leads here are talented at what they do, and you can learn a lot if you are working closely with them. You can improve your skills, increase your experience and learn by doing. You get a lot of feedback on your work, very fast, and you know what’s expected pretty clearly. You don’t spend your time in endless meetings, and you don’t have to follow a lot of different processes, only a few key ones.
People who like figuring it out and coming up with solutions enjoy the environment; People who are waiting to be told what to do don’t. The leads are not professional managers, so they don’t spend their time giving you all the answers. You get coaching and mentorship, but it’s not always super structured.

Cons

Uncomfortable if you’re looking for a lot of direction and handholding

Other Employee Reviews for Fuhu

"Wouldn't work here again"

Former Employee - Illustrator in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Illustrator in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Fuhu full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have a seemingly endless supply of Hi-Chews.

Cons

I felt pressured to stay long hours--we're talking 8:30AM to 12AM.
    Not a lot of structure or direction and when you make a mistake, they don't let you know about it.
    I wasn't warned prior to being let go; they just let me mess up and then listed all the things I did wrong on my last day.
    Too many unproductive meetings.
    No real leadership. Managers are distant and won't communicate.

Advice to Management

Whatever.

"If you want to post fake 5-star reviews, don't use Mechnical Turk"

Current Employee - Web Designer in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Web Designer in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Fuhu full-time (More than a year)

Pros

HR and management is adept at using technology to solve a variety of issues, such as using Mechanical Turk or hiring interns to create fake 5-star reviews on Glassdoor

Cons

- Long hours, berating your employees, and free snacks don't make up for bad products and poor go to market strategies
    - Constantly changing strategies is not "pivoting", try to come up with some ideas and test your theories, read Eric Ries lean startup
    - The founder is a poser who lacks real insights, he makes up for it by bullying and intimating people who work for him

Advice to Management

Keep raising dumb money from Taiwanese PC manufacturers who want a little bit of cool, you're going to need that money to fund your next round of bad products. Keep Pivoting!