Fuhu - Fuhu As A Remote Employee | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Fuhu

"Fuhu As A Remote Employee"

Current Employee - Field Force
Current Employee - Field Force

I have been working at Fuhu full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A great part about being remote is that your daily timeline can be flexible. As long as managers are kept updated changes can be made easily and not micromanaged. Due to travel time starting early is the best option which results in free afternoons, perfect for pickings kids up for school. While it is true Fuhu uses GPS to track remote employees, I see it as a benefit. I have worked with the company for a little under a year and consider this a safety feature and a plus for the position. The only time it would be seen as a negative is if you’re not doing the job required of you. This is also a great position to be out of office life while still having a team, including management, supporting you along the way. Finally, while travel time can be lengthy it is also figured into your average day and compensated accordingly. At no time will you be asked to spend personal funds without being quickly reimbursed the following pay period.

Cons

No paid time off. While this is a con it is clearly stated before one decides to take the position. Optional weekend work. It also results in a free day off the following week to compensate the change. A pro and a con.

Other Employee Reviews for Fuhu

"Fuhu in the Field"

Current Employee - Field Force Team
    Current Employee - Field Force Team

I have been working at Fuhu full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work hours- Being from remote, I am provided with the flexibility of scheduling my own hours. Even though this position requires long distance travelling, driving is counted towards our 8 hour workday, in which we start and end the day from our home office.

Consistent communication with managers- Working independently, I was given the freedom to allocate my own time while still encouraged to reach out to managers for help/guidance when needed. We are provided with a work cellphone that allowed us to stay connected to the office/managers. There is a GPS tracker on the cellphone that is used for both mileage verification and safety purpose given the nature of the position. With that being said, communication is key. From my experience, managers have always been flexible to changes as long as they are notified.

Cons

No PTO- There is no paid time off for this position, which was already clearly communicated to me before I signed on.

Optional work weekends- We are encouraged to work on occasional weekends. However, we are given a day off the following week(day of your choice), to compensate for working the weekend.

"FAKE 5 STAR REVIEWS!! HORRIBLE CORPORATE CULTURE!! SWEAT SHOP, STAY AWAY!!!"

I have been working at Fuhu full-time

Pros

- Free snacks.
    - I have no other pros to mention.

Cons

Where to begin... I had to post this review since the 5 star reviews are fake. I knew a few people who wrote them. Some were forced to write them by the upper management.

- I gave it 1 star because I had , or else it would be 0 stars
    - Useless long hours. Even if your work is done at 6, you need to stay until 7:30-8 or else you're branded as "Not being Committed". If you argue with them, you're out.
    - Most managers have little, if not, no experience and obey the founder without question.
    - The founder is the ultimate ruler and decision maker. Disagree with him, and you're out!
    - The last 5 star review mentioned big raises... that's the biggest lie. You'll work 50-60h weeks with no yearly bonuses and definitely no large raises.
    - A LOT of brainwashing. The founder likes to hire people that he can mold and manipulate into his own style of manager.
    - Very submissive employees. Most of them are foreigners on visas, that can easily be manipulated.
    - Extremely disorganized company. No skilled or experienced Project Manager would last here. Timelines are asked to be created but are never followed. Major changes happen everyday without the PM's knowledge, and the PM's are always to blame.
    - The day I left, was one of the happiest days of my life. Current employees were actually congratulating me for leaving.

Advice to Management

- Ya, sell the company to another organization that would treat employees with more respect.
    - You're probably the fastest growing company because you slave your employees daily.