Fuhu - Fuhu As A Remote Employee | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Fuhu

"Fuhu As A Remote Employee"

Current Employee - Field Force
Current Employee - Field Force

I have been working at Fuhu full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A great part about being remote is that your daily timeline can be flexible. As long as managers are kept updated changes can be made easily and not micromanaged. Due to travel time starting early is the best option which results in free afternoons, perfect for pickings kids up for school. While it is true Fuhu uses GPS to track remote employees, I see it as a benefit. I have worked with the company for a little under a year and consider this a safety feature and a plus for the position. The only time it would be seen as a negative is if you’re not doing the job required of you. This is also a great position to be out of office life while still having a team, including management, supporting you along the way. Finally, while travel time can be lengthy it is also figured into your average day and compensated accordingly. At no time will you be asked to spend personal funds without being quickly reimbursed the following pay period.

Cons

No paid time off. While this is a con it is clearly stated before one decides to take the position. Optional weekend work. It also results in a free day off the following week to compensate the change. A pro and a con.

Other Employee Reviews for Fuhu

"Fuhu in the Field"

Current Employee - Field Force Team
    Current Employee - Field Force Team

I have been working at Fuhu full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work hours- Being from remote, I am provided with the flexibility of scheduling my own hours. Even though this position requires long distance travelling, driving is counted towards our 8 hour workday, in which we start and end the day from our home office.

Consistent communication with managers- Working independently, I was given the freedom to allocate my own time while still encouraged to reach out to managers for help/guidance when needed. We are provided with a work cellphone that allowed us to stay connected to the office/managers. There is a GPS tracker on the cellphone that is used for both mileage verification and safety purpose given the nature of the position. With that being said, communication is key. From my experience, managers have always been flexible to changes as long as they are notified.

Cons

No PTO- There is no paid time off for this position, which was already clearly communicated to me before I signed on.

Optional work weekends- We are encouraged to work on occasional weekends. However, we are given a day off the following week(day of your choice), to compensate for working the weekend.

"If you have any experience RUN THE OTHER WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Former Employee - Field Merchandiser in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Field Merchandiser in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Fuhu full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

NONE!!! They take away the pleasure of working in the field through micromanagement!
    Wait....you do get to "borrow" cool gadgets for use in the field. But they ask you to purchase alot and wait for reimbursement.

Cons

No PTO which they tell you upfront, but they don't tell you they also do not compensate for bad weather days which in field work is IMPORTANT!
    - Inexperienced and inefficient managers will micromanage, but rarely give criticism. Instead they fire you without notice and without any corrective action policies in place this is the norm. By this I mean my District Manager visited me and gave a glowing review during her ride along (2 days time) and then I was fired on a 3-way call a week later! Never had I been told there were any issues with my performance. Great thing was I hated the job and the day before I was fired I interviewed for my current position.
    -They track you using an app...this would be fine if it always works, but it doesn't and you may be fired as a result like one of my coworkers.
    -Low pay ($17 an hour or less) for the tasks involved which includes conducting formal training and running tables at events. You are hourly. NO OVERTIME ALLOWED!! You must clock in and out for EVERYTHING!
    - Your stores may be 100 miles away. Unlike other field positions, there is no predetermined/uniform travel radius. Your mileage is NEVER PAID ON TIME!!!

Advice to Management

There is none to give because they are not open to improving!