Fuhu - Fuhu in the Field | Glassdoor

"Fuhu in the Field"

Current Employee - Field Force Team
Current Employee - Field Force Team

I have been working at Fuhu full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work hours- Being from remote, I am provided with the flexibility of scheduling my own hours. Even though this position requires long distance travelling, driving is counted towards our 8 hour workday, in which we start and end the day from our home office.

Consistent communication with managers- Working independently, I was given the freedom to allocate my own time while still encouraged to reach out to managers for help/guidance when needed. We are provided with a work cellphone that allowed us to stay connected to the office/managers. There is a GPS tracker on the cellphone that is used for both mileage verification and safety purpose given the nature of the position. With that being said, communication is key. From my experience, managers have always been flexible to changes as long as they are notified.

Cons

No PTO- There is no paid time off for this position, which was already clearly communicated to me before I signed on.

Optional work weekends- We are encouraged to work on occasional weekends. However, we are given a day off the following week(day of your choice), to compensate for working the weekend.

Other Employee Reviews for Fuhu

"FAKE 5 STAR REVIEWS!! HORRIBLE CORPORATE CULTURE!! SWEAT SHOP, STAY AWAY!!!"

I have been working at Fuhu full-time

Pros

- Free snacks.
    - I have no other pros to mention.

Cons

Where to begin... I had to post this review since the 5 star reviews are fake. I knew a few people who wrote them. Some were forced to write them by the upper management.

- I gave it 1 star because I had , or else it would be 0 stars
    - Useless long hours. Even if your work is done at 6, you need to stay until 7:30-8 or else you're branded as "Not being Committed". If you argue with them, you're out.
    - Most managers have little, if not, no experience and obey the founder without question.
    - The founder is the ultimate ruler and decision maker. Disagree with him, and you're out!
    - The last 5 star review mentioned big raises... that's the biggest lie. You'll work 50-60h weeks with no yearly bonuses and definitely no large raises.
    - A LOT of brainwashing. The founder likes to hire people that he can mold and manipulate into his own style of manager.
    - Very submissive employees. Most of them are foreigners on visas, that can easily be manipulated.
    - Extremely disorganized company. No skilled or experienced Project Manager would last here. Timelines are asked to be created but are never followed. Major changes happen everyday without the PM's knowledge, and the PM's are always to blame.
    - The day I left, was one of the happiest days of my life. Current employees were actually congratulating me for leaving.

Advice to Management

- Ya, sell the company to another organization that would treat employees with more respect.
    - You're probably the fastest growing company because you slave your employees daily.

"Would not recommend"

I worked at Fuhu full-time

Pros

Free food and free coffee, which is considerate. There are a few really great, intelligent people at this company, but they're either silently miserable or else outcasts who eventually get fired.

Cons

I was motivated to post a review because I noticed there are a lot of obviously fake positive reviews on here.

There are so many things I'd like to say, I'm honestly not sure where to begin. It's expected that you stay hours late each night, just for the sake of staying late--what makes this even more frustrating is how inefficient everyone is. No one--especially not management--knows how to prioritize and set realistic goals, so you end up working on superfluous things that make it impossible to complete meaningful long-term projects. You end up having to try to do everything, while ultimately making no progress. It's like an endlessly sinking ship that you'll be bailing water out of until 8 or 9 each night.

The inefficiency also stems from a lack of communication between coworkers and departments. No one is ever on the same page. This might be because people are afraid to ask questions--and rightfully so. You could be fired for things like that. It's really weird.
    There are also some unsettling cult brainwashing tactics at work here. As a rule, just never be candid with anyone, or it will probably be used against you.

I get that it's a start-up but, as others have pointed out, it's been a few years and Fuhu needs to adjust.

Advice to Management

Stop demanding that employees prove their dedication to the company by staying hours late each night when it's not necessary. Try for more diversity. Welcome change--you need it, desperately.