Fujitsu - Get Real | Glassdoor

"Get Real"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
Former Employee - Project Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Fujitsu full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

When you are on a client facing project and your are performing well, they are a great company to work for. The project are fun and the non-management people are great to work with on any project.

Cons

They will pay you for every hour worked as long as it is not more than 40 hours a week. If you are a contractor for them, then you get paid for every hour worked. This was a failed management trick to save money and screw the employee!

Advice to Management

Learn to treat your valued employees in all areas of the business like you do you contractors.

Other Employee Reviews for Fujitsu

1. "Great people"

Current Employee - POS Lead Eng in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - POS Lead Eng in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Money, benefits, work hours are great

Cons

i have none to mention at this time

"Not a happy place to be at..."

Current Employee - Senior Field Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Field Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

No office mates and living in cubicle world. Benefits are standard, 401K matching 50% of 6%, tuition remission, health issue (better than most companies), company cell phone, and company van.

Cons

Served the company for ten years and the company gave three raises less than 1% raise each time. Require to work on rotating standby after 5pm (some weekends in lieu of the weekday) and expected to work a normal shift the next day. Average weeks exceeded 25 hours of overtime. There were promises of merit or cost living adjustment but a crisis would occur and pay increase freeze would occur.

There were weeks that I worked 17 days between a day off. The 40 hours week is a fantasy. Company played around with taking your overtime away during your shift or during mid-week. I would have 8 hours of OT only to be volun-told you will stay home on the start of the fifth day. I know what the company is within the law but why would anyone do more to lookout for the company. The fallout is people on the team call out sick more often. No tangible advancements or career development path ever materialized.

You are expected to perform flawlessly understanding every service contract agreements and fix the equipment perfectly the first time everyday because you are expected to know the details of the contract as "they are posted on website." How can I do my job if I have to read every contract and know the differences whenever and every time you update it!? To make matters worst, no two service contracts are formatted the same because they are written by different authors that have different blocks of information in different places.

A total dysfunctional family.

Advice to Management

Company have multiple service contract agreements with multiple vendors with multiple equipment that each has a specific service agreement. Each field engineer can not be an expert of each of those contracts. In fact you have same equipment buy it is service response agreement is different.

Fujitsu Japan is fantastic company with over 50% market share of all of Japan's IT consulting. Many high praises from different Japaneses and non Japaneses based firms in Japan.

The American division are managed by individuals without college or background of management but simply were promoted because they have been around. The company has been issuing lots of "I have been around for X-years jerk card."