Full Sail University - Working at Full Sail allowed me access to some of the Entertainment Industries best professionals. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Full Sail University

"Working at Full Sail allowed me access to some of the Entertainment Industries best professionals."

Former Employee - Peer Tutor in Winter Park, FL
Former Employee - Peer Tutor in Winter Park, FL

I worked at Full Sail University part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For my position I was able to set my own hours, which was very nice for me. Also, my boss was very accommodating.

Cons

As a peer tutor, you can only help students who request the assistance of a tutor. At times you may have 1 or 2 students and sometimes you won't have any students.

Other Employee Reviews for Full Sail University

"No skin off my back when I was let go."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winter Park, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winter Park, FL

I worked at Full Sail University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Upward mobility in company is quite easy if you totally agree with management.

Cons

Upper management is totally unprofessional to the subordinates. The audacity of the VP when employee was injured and hospiatlized, the first question upon noticed was who is going to finish the work.

Advice to Management

Stop replying raised issues/comments with "if they do not like it, they can quit".

2. "Good for just out of school work but not long hall."

Former Employee - Financial Aid Administrator in Winter Park, FL
    Former Employee - Financial Aid Administrator in Winter Park, FL

I worked at Full Sail University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people I worked with were awesome. We were all about the same age (mid to late 20's) so it was easy for us to get along. After many meetings morale would drop but within an hour or so of speaking to everyone we'd ease back into working together. They trained us as new hires (actually trained us, not just a video), which is so far the best introduction to a position I've had. I'd say about half of the manager's there are there for the employees. Unfortunately this means they wast e a lot of time arguing with the other half about what's more important, people/students or money. Also, Garry is a genuinely good guy.

Cons

There's no real structure, after you are put live you're pretty much left with an outdated system. Trying to change something basically means talking to 6 manager's for months and getting a "we'll work on it", with not much action. There is a lot of talk about working in a team but when you speak out to other departments about improvement some manager's feel like you've gone around them and take issue with it. Lastly, and I've touched on this already, many of the upper management seems disconnected from what actually is involved in their employees positions. Many times we'd have meetings where a manager would tell us how our job was performed only to have an outburst from many employees who couldn't believe how far off the manager actually was. This led to low morale many times (at least once a month to be more precise, usually the week before a start). Fortunately, the people actually doing the job with you are good people and are able to lean on each other in these times to get the job done. (Good for employee to employee connections, bad for employee to management).

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. If you are planning on working as a team trust your employees enough to tell them the truth about where your school/department is headed and the changes that are being made. They can help in these changes and are very willing to. Also, promote people who deserve promoting and who will be best at the job, not just people who you get along with.