Fund for the Public Interest - Fun summer job | Glassdoor
  1. "Fun summer job"

Former Employee - Canvasser, FM, Director

I worked at Fund for the Public Interest full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fun summer job - learned about organizing and got to work on environmental issues. You talk to interesting people, get to be outside most of the day, and raise money for a good cause. I canvassed and was a Field Manager in college, then directed for a few summers.

Cons

You might not like it if you don't want to fundraise or be outside. And while a lot of people say no, you do get really cool people involved. A lot of my friends had higher paying office jobs, but I thought this was a cool alternative.

Fund for the Public Interest2018-10-04

"Field Manager"

Current Employee - Field Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Fund for the Public Interest part-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent training, wonderful work environment. Fighting for a worthy cause.

Cons

Sometimes the public can be mean, also the weather can make things difficult.

Fund for the Public Interest2018-10-30

"Avoid this place"

Former Employee - Director

I worked at Fund for the Public Interest full-time

Pros

the people you meet (for the most part) are incredible, responsibility, ability to manage people from a young age. You also really develop some valuable life skills that you can apply to anything later on in life. Despite what they tell you, canvassing employs the same skillset as really talented salespeople. If you can learn how to canvass, you can learn to do anything.

Cons

What they require young people to do is truly mind-boggling. I got a job full-time right outside of college and I was asked to relocate, thrown in the thick of running a canvass office with little/no training on recruitment, staff management, or fundraising. I was told I needed to canvass 4-5 days/week, 4:00pm- 9:00pm at night in a foreign city by myself.. in the winter. All the while, I needed to work a typical 8:00am-4:00pm...

Fund for the Public Interest2019-08-06

Discover more reviews about Fund for the Public Interest.