Fund for the Public Interest - A great place to work if you're good at it | Glassdoor
  1. "A great place to work if you're good at it"

Current Employee - Field Manager

I have been working at Fund for the Public Interest full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lucrative, fun, interesting, and really gets you out there

Cons

weather based, risk of minimum wage

Advice to Management

None, ya'll do a good job.

Fund for the Public Interest2018-12-14

"Field Manager"

Current Employee - Field Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Fund for the Public Interest part-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent training, wonderful work environment. Fighting for a worthy cause.

Cons

Sometimes the public can be mean, also the weather can make things difficult.

Fund for the Public Interest2018-10-30

"Avoid this place"

Former Employee - Director

I worked at Fund for the Public Interest full-time

Pros

the people you meet (for the most part) are incredible, responsibility, ability to manage people from a young age. You also really develop some valuable life skills that you can apply to anything later on in life. Despite what they tell you, canvassing employs the same skillset as really talented salespeople. If you can learn how to canvass, you can learn to do anything.

Cons

What they require young people to do is truly mind-boggling. I got a job full-time right outside of college and I was asked to relocate, thrown in the thick of running a canvass office with little/no training on recruitment, staff management, or fundraising. I was told I needed to canvass 4-5 days/week, 4:00pm- 9:00pm at night in a foreign city by myself.. in the winter. All the while, I needed to work a typical 8:00am-4:00pm...

Fund for the Public Interest2019-08-06

Discover more reviews about Fund for the Public Interest.