Fund for the Public Interest - Everyone should have this experience, takes a certain kind of person to make it for more than 3 months | Glassdoor
  1. "Everyone should have this experience, takes a certain kind of person to make it for more than 3 months"

Former Employee - Canvasser/Field Manager

I worked at Fund for the Public Interest full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of learning, interesting people to work with - after work hangouts, team atmosphere, good causes, personal growth opportunity and opportunity for advancement, lots of exercise, etc

Cons

Difficult emotionally (at least for me), exhausting. As long as you don't negatively spiral, you can do this and make good money forever. I met some life-long canvassers, so it's possible. This is flawed but important work. Give it your best shot!

Advice to Management

Remember to care about the health of your employee's as much as the cause. Maybe you can squeeze two more days of fundraising out of them, or maybe you should just wish them well. I know it's hard for you to manage all the people you do. Best of luck!

Fund for the Public Interest2019-05-14

"Great experience"

Current Employee - Canvasser/Field Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Fund for the Public Interest full-time for less than a year

Pros

You really felt like you were making a difference.

Cons

Hills are very difficult when you're going as fast as you can for 5 hours every day.

Fund for the Public Interest2019-02-06
  2. "Great experience too many hours"

Current Employee - Director

Pros

Honestly who else is going to let 20 year olds take on so much responsibility? I’ve learned, grown, and done so much I never thought was possible. The people working here are amazing!

Cons

The hours are crazy like 70-80 a week in the summer. We are constantly understaffed as a director team and it shows.

Advice to Management

We’ve been able accomplish so much this summer but could do even more with a few more hands. We’ve all had to step up in major ways to manage it all but I’m worried about the longevity of my team and our ability to keep doing great work as crazy hours are still the not .

Fund for the Public Interest2019-07-21

Discover more reviews about Fund for the Public Interest.