Fund for the Public Interest - Shady practices to underpay workers. | Glassdoor
  1. "Shady practices to underpay workers."

Former Employee - Canvasser in Washington, DC

I worked at Fund for the Public Interest full-time for less than a year

Pros

The campaigns and goals of the organization are admirable, and as a result it feels like you are working for a good cause.

Cons

The company practices some very questionable methods when it comes to their employees, and as a result it can be an exceptionally demanding and risky position with little payoff. -Will avoid paying for time when you start, claiming it is "unpaid interview" instead of training. -In the DC office, you will be required to commute to the main office and then go to Maryland or Virginia to canvass. This allows the company...

Advice to Management

Pay your workers better, and don't hide behind shady excuses like "unpaid interviews" to avoid paying for training.

Fund for the Public Interest2019-05-17

"Great experience"

Current Employee - Canvasser/Field Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Fund for the Public Interest full-time for less than a year

Pros

You really felt like you were making a difference.

Cons

Hills are very difficult when you're going as fast as you can for 5 hours every day.

Fund for the Public Interest2019-02-06
  2. "Great experience too many hours"

Current Employee - Director

Pros

Honestly who else is going to let 20 year olds take on so much responsibility? I’ve learned, grown, and done so much I never thought was possible. The people working here are amazing!

Cons

The hours are crazy like 70-80 a week in the summer. We are constantly understaffed as a director team and it shows.

Advice to Management

We’ve been able accomplish so much this summer but could do even more with a few more hands. We’ve all had to step up in major ways to manage it all but I’m worried about the longevity of my team and our ability to keep doing great work as crazy hours are still the not .

Fund for the Public Interest2019-07-21

Discover more reviews about Fund for the Public Interest.