Fusion-io - Great place to work. | Glassdoor

"Great place to work."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Fusion-io full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management is fairly hands off and focused on results. Good pay, benefits, and work flexibility. Interesting problems and cutting edge products. Project scheduling is sane and management listens to engineering push back in most cases.

Cons

What is 'most important' seems to always be shifting. May be frustrating for some people.

Advice to Management

Keep us on track to be the best.

Other Employee Reviews for Fusion-io

1. "Great Experience with a Lot of Great People"

Current Intern - Intern, Hardware Quality Development in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Intern - Intern, Hardware Quality Development in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Fusion-io as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

All of the people I have worked with at Fusion-io are very supportive, hard-working people. Being fairly new here, I was frequently stuck on problems. Whenever I asked someone for help, they were very helpful even when they were busy.
    Equipment here is well maintained and sufficient. I have never run into a problem where I either didn't have the equipment or was not able to get the equipment I needed.
    Also, there are great activities at Fusion-io. I have had a lot of fun participating in the activities they have hosted. They also provide a cafeteria where I can get free lunch every day. The cafeteria has spectacular menu options, there is always something that sounds good.

Cons

I would have liked a department specific orientation towards the beginning of my time here. For example, the Hardware Design Team could have an orientation focused on their work. Same for the Logic Team. I think this would have helped me get started a little bit more quickly.

Advice to Management

My only advice to upper management would be to consider the department specific orientation I mentioned previously. I think it would be a great help, especially to new engineers like myself.

2. "Set for Next Phase of Impressive Growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Fusion-io full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a dynamic organization going through change due to tremendous growth. The overall spirit and enthusiasm of people at all levels is very positive. It is a warm and inviting culture. The recent management change has proven to be solid. Compensation is more than competitive.

Cons

Market perception has significantly undervalued the stock price. Great time to get on board, though.

Advice to Management

The overall direction for the company is clear but as a growing company we need a little more discipline around planning and accountability in order to get beyond $1B in annual revenue.